As an Accounts Payable EDI Associate you will review all incoming EDI invoices and credit memos that failed to post to the Accounts Payable system according to established business rules. Corrections that you can perform are done daily, while other corrections will require communications back to the vendors, often with instructions on how to make those corrections and re-submit the documents. Additionally, through AceNet Direct (internal company intranet communication system), the EDI Associate must reconcile some drop ship invoices and credit memos immediately, so that Ace Retailers can be billed correctly and timely on their statements. What you'll do
What you need to succeed
- Perform two-way match on drop ship invoices and credits. These reconciliations must be performed at the time of invoice receipt, in order to ensure that Ace Retailers are billed correctly and timely.
- Perform parallel testing with new EDI vendors that will minimize invoice rejections once vendors are moved to full EDI production.
- Maintain accurate, detailed correspondence logs of vendor contact on rejected invoices and credit memos.
- Provide knowledge and self-service tools to vendors that will assist them in correcting their rejected invoices and credits when they are notified of their occurrence.
- Process merchandise invoices utilizing the SAP Accounts Payable system
We want to hear from you!
- Associates degree or relevant work experience.
- Two years' experience in large corporate, high-volume, highly automated A/P environments, to include in-depth understanding of EDI protocol, vendor relationships and billing practices, payment terms, and vendor payment processing.
- Understanding of the accounts payable process as well as accounting and finance relative to RSC stock replenishment and drop ship activity, with knowledge of the cross-functional impacts and consequences generated from finance and receiving transactions.
- Connect cross-functionally and develop effective internal and external working relationships with members of Procurement, warehouse management, and the vendor community.
- Strong analytical, problem-solving skills. Ability to understand, investigate and resolve problems using root-cause research skills.
- Ability to work with large databases and data for extraction and conversion into meaningful business information for analytical purposes (i.e. data segmentation, aggregation and statistics).
- Must have experience in Microsoft Office, specifically Word and strong skills in Excel (knowledge of formulas and pivot tables).
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills. Ability to compose reports and correspondence using good business vocabulary and proper grammar and construction
When most people think of career opportunities with Ace Hardware, they often think of the helpful cashiers and sales associates at their local store. However, have you also considered the people behind the scenes who select, promote, ship and process the invoices for more than 75,000 products? Maybe you haven't, but we'd like you to. Because together we help our customers take care of their homes. Come find out why a career with the Ace Hardware Corporation is one of America's best kept secrets. Equal Opportunity Employer
Ace Hardware Corporation and its subsidiaries are committed to a policy of promoting equal employment opportunities. The company recognizes the importance of diversity and leveraging the skills and talents of all people to the mutual advantage of each individual and the organization. The company is committed to the prevention of employment discrimination related to race, religion, color, sex (including sexual harassment), gender identity, national origin, age, marital status, disability and military or veteran status, sexual orientation or any other action covered by federal or applicable state/local laws.
Posting ID: 586476795Posted: 2021-02-25