2021 Summer Internship Program
The Ace Internship program allows you to apply skills and knowledge you're learning in College today, while contributing in a hands-on environment to fit your career objectives, complement your academic work and enhance your learning. Here's what you will take away from your experience this summer:
Real hands-on experience in your assigned department/function with day-to-day projects, responsibilities, accountabilities and deadlines.
Opportunity to partner with other interns over the summer on a Capstone project, presenting your findings and recommendations to Ace's Leadership
Q & A with Ace's CEO and Senior Leadership team
Resume Workshop to help you prepare for future opportunities
Opportunity to volunteer through the Ace Hardware Foundation
Teambuilding activities and more.
Your internship experience at Ace will give you the knowledge and skills future employers will look for! Want to hear more? Please review our Glassdoor comments from former interns! Your Responsibilities
The IT Business Intelligence
internship will design, modify, develop, write and implement software programming applications and components; support and/or install software applications and components; work from written specifications and pre-established guidelines to perform the functions of the job and maintain documentation of application processes.
The intern will also contribute to the following job responsibilities:
The ideal intern will possess the following:
- Research, formulate, develop and implement predictive models for issues or opportunities using applied statistics
- Build dynamic reports and analysis as needed for specific projects
- Provide analytic support in the preparation of reports and presentations to management including creating charts, tables, graphs and listings
- Provide expertise in data analytics and algorithm development supporting the integration and analysis of diverse data sources
- Develop machine learning, data mining and statistical algorithms for pattern recognition and anomaly detection
We want to hear from you!
- Working towards a bachelor's degree in the following area(s): Computer Science, Data Science, Statistics, Applied Mathematics, or related field
- Entering Senior year of college
- Knowledge developing data visualizations or visual analytics applications is strongly desired
- Strong analytical skills, statistical modeling required
- Knowledge of relational databases and SQL
- Experience working with data mining on large datasets ("big data").
- Exposure to Statistical Computing tools (R, SPSS, etc).
- Knowledge with a Hadoop and MapReduce are a plus.
- Experience implementing machine learning, data mining, and statistical algorithms for pattern recognition and the development of predictive models is a plus
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- Analytical and problem-solving skills
- Adaptability and ability to learn quickly in high-pressure environments
- Ambitious self-starter who has demonstrated the ability to contribute as an effective team member
- Excellent time management and organizational skills
- Demonstrated motivation and initiative to succeed
- Knowledge and interest in Ace Hardware Corporation
- Ability to work 40 hours per week, Monday -Friday for 12 weeks
- Willingness and ability to give presentations to colleagues, managers and directors
When most people think of career opportunities with Ace Hardware, they often think of the helpful cashiers and sales associates at their local store. However, have you also considered the people behind the scenes who select, promote, ship and process the invoices for more than 75,000 products? Maybe you haven't, but we'd like you to. Because together we help our customers take care of their homes. Come find out why a career with the Ace Hardware Corporation is one of America's best kept secrets. Equal Opportunity Employer
Ace Hardware Corporation and its subsidiaries are committed to a policy of promoting equal employment opportunities. The company recognizes the importance of diversity and leveraging the skills and talents of all people to the mutual advantage of each individual and the organization. The company is committed to the prevention of employment discrimination related to race, religion, color, sex (including sexual harassment), gender identity, national origin, age, marital status, disability and military or veteran status, sexual orientation or any other action covered by federal or applicable state/local laws.