Emery Jensen Distribution (EJD) is a wholly owned subsidiary of Ace Hardware Corporation that distributes hardware & home improvement products to the independent Pro Lumber, Paint, Hardware, and E-retailer customer segments.
The Associate Merchandising Program Manager
is responsible for all aspects of Ace and Emery Jensen's assortment strategy, development and execution through to retail for a respective category. This responsibility spans both B2C and B2B customer types. The position provides leadership within the organization via a thorough understanding of the competitive marketplace and trends, opportunities for Ace retailers and EJD customers to grow via differentiated assortment and ability to articulate and drive an action plan to execute.
The Associate Merchandising Program Manager role is core to driving the company's promise of delivering consumer relevant, high quality, differentiated and localized assortments to Ace retailers and wholesale customers at the lowest cost.Key job functions include:
- Strategy and business planning
- Category reviews
- Promotional planning
- Retailer communication
- Convention planning
- Inventory/supply chain support
- Financial management
Experience and technical requirements:
- Product passion - Natural and fanatical curiosity around product and retail marketplace, demonstrated and put into action. Convertible to multiple categories based on changes in responsibilities.
- Strategic thinking - Ability to envision, create and present strategy to drive disruptive wholesale and/or retail growth in category sales and profit
- Results-oriented - Ability to drive results to and above plan with full accountability, proactively shifting efforts as trends and business variables change
- Leadership - Demonstrated and active leadership across the organization, vendors and retailers as authority in respective category. Superior problem solving skills.
- Negotiation skills - Superior negotiation skills with proven results leveraging company scale, business drivers and strategies
- Presentation skills - Ability to plan, assemble and present with excellence strategy, execution and updates to leadership, across the organization, vendors and retailers
We want to hear from you!
- 4+ years of business experience
- 2+ years managing product categories
- Strong problem-solving skills required
- Strong interpersonal skills required
- Understand financial measures that impacts corporation
- Demonstrate strong decision-making skills
- Highly creative, flexible and adaptable with good follow-through
- Versatility to shift category responsibility every 1-2 years
- Proven ability to multi-task projects and meet deadlines
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Proficient in Microsoft Outlook, Word, Excel, Access, Power Point,
- Knowledge of Product Content Management (PCM), SAP and Guided Ad-hoc reporting tools
- Ability to travel 25%
Emery Jensen Distribution delivers wholesale products and best-in-class service to independent retailers in the Pro Lumber, Paint, Hardware, Grocery, and E-retailer space. Our goal is to support sustainable and profitable growth for our customers by offering the broadest assortments, best pricing, and most knowledgeable team. We have national scale, a regional focus and the commitment to serve our customers and support each other. Come find out why a career with Emery Jensen Distribution is right for you. Equal Opportunity Employer
Emery Jensen Distribution, a subsidiary of Ace Hardware, is committed to a policy of promoting equal employment opportunities. The company recognizes the importance of diversity and leveraging the skills and talents of all people to the mutual advantage of each individual and the organization. The company is committed to the prevention of employment discrimination related to race, religion, color, sex (including sexual harassment), gender identity, national origin, age, marital status, disability and military or veteran status, sexual orientation or any other action covered by federal or applicable state/local laws.
Posting ID: 585690863Posted: 2020-11-09