The primary purpose of the Grocery Market Development Manager (MDM)
is to manage the business development process for the Eastern United States across the country. The goal of which is to efficiently and systematically increase Ace's market share via our new store growth strategy in the grocery channel. What you'll do
What you need to succeed
- Closing the sale: Navigate the technically complicated process of closing $1 Million (on average) opportunities, while at the same time coordinating the real estate process ~ either through real estate development/ownership or lease negotiations. This might require obtaining personal guarantees from the prospect to secure financing.
- Execute a systematic approach to the new store development process in the field in order to mitigate legal and business risk and ensure new store viability following the Standard Operating Procedures. This would include market work, site selection, creating a proforma with the approval of all stakeholders, while representing Ace in a business-like manner with consistency and excellence.
- Develop and manage the grocery pipeline. Identify open markets with appropriate sales potential and find sites across the country. Negotiate optimal terms and coordinate with the qualified profiled candidates to move forward with new store opportunities. Do all this within a feasible economic framework.
- Educate, consult and motivate existing Ace grocery Retailers, New Investors and Conversion Prospects on Ace new store opportunities within the grocery channel. This process is primarily driven by the MDM's ability to outline the opportunity while still balancing the capitalization cost structure, equity requirements, and assuring that debt and financial ratios are adequate for each stakeholder in the lending and approval process.
- Develop credible relationships with lenders, business and real estate brokers to foster growth and excitement in the market in an efficient manner for retailers & prospects looking to expand and grow their business.
We want to hear from you!
- Strong negotiation and closing skills
- College Degree - Business or equivalent experience
- At least 5 years experience in retailing, franchising, real estate or market development work
- Ability to develop, secure, and close a new store and/or conversion opportunity
- Strong presentation skills to a variety of 'audiences' ~ including wealthy investors, real estate brokers, lenders and existing Ace retailers
- Interpersonal ability to create trust, respect and understanding
- Business Acumen - understand the economics of business and retailing
- Understanding of the lease negotiation process
- Strong grasp of capitalization and financing opportunities, methods and processes
- Understanding of the balance between the benefit of store density and cannibalization and the resultant ramifications of these on the Ace brand
- Franchise intelligence - understanding of our "franchise" competitors and how to uniquely position Ace against these other investment choices
- Ability to create strong, respected coalitions with Retail Operations including the Director, Regional Manager, Project Manager, and District Manager
- Ability to travel across the Midwest, Eastern and Southern United States on a regular basis
When most people think of career opportunities with Ace Hardware, they often think of the helpful cashiers and sales associates at their local store. However, have you also considered the people behind the scenes who select, promote, ship and process the invoices for more than 75,000 products? Maybe you haven't, but we'd like you to. Because together we help our customers take care of their homes. Come find out why a career with the Ace Hardware Corporation is one of America's best kept secrets. Equal Opportunity Employer
Ace Hardware Corporation and its subsidiaries are committed to a policy of promoting equal employment opportunities. The company recognizes the importance of diversity and leveraging the skills and talents of all people to the mutual advantage of each individual and the organization. The company is committed to the prevention of employment discrimination related to race, religion, color, sex (including sexual harassment), gender identity, national origin, age, marital status, disability and military or veteran status, sexual orientation or any other action covered by federal or applicable state/local laws.
Posting ID: 601118398Posted: 2021-01-21