As the Senior IT Auditor, you will be assisting Ace Management to evaluate and improve the effectiveness of our organization's risk management, control, and governance process. The primary focus of this role will be performing financial, operational and IT audits for all Corporate departments, distribution centers and Ace subsidiaries. Position will also require prior IT audit/compliance experience in general controls & controls around information technology development. What you'll do
Responsibilities will include, but are not limited to:
What you need to succeed
- Ability to complete assigned operational and IT audit engagements (on time and within assigned budgeted hours) following a standard audit methodology, including distribution of the final audit report and subsequent follow-up of outstanding audit issues.
- Develop hypotheses regarding potential operational/IT risks and determine appropriate testing strategies to determine if key controls are properly mitigating all identified risks.
- Demonstrate the ability to compose and deliver oral and written communications (e.g. audit report issues) aimed at all levels within the Ace organization.
- Utilize various external and in-house computer applications (e.g., Microsoft Office, SAP, etc.) to facilitate successful completion of assigned audit engagements.
- Develop team-oriented project management and skills; consistently make suggestions to improve overall audit process.
- Continually develop working knowledge and understanding of auditing standards. Prepare a continual education learning plan to ensure that technical knowledge is being consistently developed and maintained.
- Enhance existing relationships with our audit clients by gaining a better understanding of overall business risk issues/concerns. Participate in non-audit related company activities to obtain this deeper understanding of business risk and to enrich our current relationships and influence within the organization.
We want to hear from you!
- This individual would need to have approximately 1-4 years of Finance, Accounting, IT or Audit internship/professional experience and/or related college coursework. Preferably, the candidate would also have previous experience in documenting and evaluating financial/operations and IT controls.
- Bachelor's Degree with focus in Finance, Accounting, Information Systems, or related field is required.
- Excellent written and oral presentation skills are required.
- Build relationships with internal and external business partners.
- Ability to take ownership over projects using our audit methodology and provide solutions.
- Aptitude with technological applications (i.e., Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Access, etc.) is required
- Certification including one or more of: CPA, CIA, CISA, CISSP, CISM are a plus but not required.
- Industry knowledge (e.g. distribution, retail, manufacturing) are preferred.
When most people think of career opportunities with Ace Hardware, they often think of the helpful cashiers and sales associates at their local store. However, have you also considered the people behind the scenes who select, promote, ship and process the invoices for more than 75,000 products? Maybe you haven't, but we'd like you to. Because together we help our customers take care of their homes. Come find out why a career with the Ace Hardware Corporation is one of America's best kept secrets. Equal Opportunity Employer
Ace Hardware Corporation and its subsidiaries are committed to a policy of promoting equal employment opportunities. The company recognizes the importance of diversity and leveraging the skills and talents of all people to the mutual advantage of each individual and the organization. The company is committed to the prevention of employment discrimination related to race, religion, color, sex (including sexual harassment), gender identity, national origin, age, marital status, disability and military or veteran status, sexual orientation or any other action covered by federal or applicable state/local laws.
Posting ID: 585690919Posted: 2020-12-17