Position Title: Assistant General Manager
FLSA Status: Exempt
Prepared Date: 12/4/15
Reports To: General Manager
As a Bibibop assistant general manager you are responsible for all aspects of day to day operation of the restaurant. You will be will upholding Bibibop’s culture and be committed to our mission to build a highly successful brand by giving great customer service.
You serve as an ambassador to our brand and culture to our guest, team members and the community as a whole. Our goal is to serve great food that has great value but to also bring change to people’s lives through friendship, fellowship and a healthy meal.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Enforce sanitary practices for food handling, general cleanliness, and maintenance of kitchen and dining areas.
- Ensure compliance with operational standards, company policies, federal/state/local laws, and ordinances
- Responsible for ensuring consistent high quality of food preparation and service.
- Ensure that all equipment is kept clean and in excellent working conditions through personal inspection and by following the restaurant preventive maintenance program.
- Ensure that product is always on hand on an as needed basis, through proper ordering.
- Must know and be able to Prep, cook, and serve all items as it applies to Bibibop.
- Estimate food needs, place orders with distributors, and schedule the delivery of fresh food and supplies.
- Ensure that all food and products are consistently prepared and served according to the restaurant’s recipes, portioning, cooking, and serving standards.
- Uphold all ServSafe guidelines.
- Must know and be able to train on the 7 most important objectives to Bibibop to our team members; Quality – Friendliness –Speed –Cleanliness –Value –Celebrate
- Communicate our culture of Well-being.
- Always doing what is in the best interest of Bibibop and must always remember that everything we do, has a purpose.
- Develop team members and supervisors.
- This position operates in a restaurant setting. The noise level in the work environment can be loud. The employee may be exposed to hazards including, but are not limited to, cuts, slipping, tripping, falls and burns. Frequent hand washing is required.
Hiring, Firing and Training:
- Recruit, interview and hire likeminded candidates at a competitive wage
- Understand procedures for proper documentation, Orientation, Training and Retention.
- Provide direction to employees regarding operational and procedural issues and must take first hand in orienting and training new associates.
- Manage Merit Increase properly
- Must know and able to carry out Employee disciplinary actions using the 4 steps
- Training must include this five stages; READ – DEMONSTRATE – TRYOUT– EVALUTE-FOLLOW UP.
- Ensure that feedback is given at every aspect of training with emphasis on healthy branding, wellbeing, Quality, Friendliness, Speed, and Cleanliness.
- Must encourage associate to function as a team to complete common goals
- Maximize management labor on the floor
- Must continuously stress the importance of customer satisfaction
- Continuously strive to develop staff in all managerial and professional Areas and equipping them using existing system tools.
- Ability to Handle Interpersonal Conflict.
- Understands the Legal Side of supervision.
- Ensure that proper security procedures are in place to protect employees, guests and company assets.
- Ensure a safe working and guest environment to reduce the risk of injury and accidents.
- Completes accident reports promptly in the event that a guest or employee is injured.
- Manage shifts which include: daily decision making, System Tools, scheduling, planning while upholding standards, product quality and cleanliness.
- Investigate and resolve complaints concerning food quality and service related issues using = Listen – Apologize –Solve - Thank
- Understands completely & conforms to all policies, procedures, standards, specifications, guidelines and training programs.
- Ensure that all guests feel welcome and are given attentive, friendly, and courteous service at all times.
- Achieve company objectives in sales, service, and quality. Uphold the appearance of facility, sanitation, and cleanliness through training of employees and by creating a positive and productive working environment.
- Fill in where needed to ensure guest service standards and efficient operations are always meeting guest expectations.
- Prepare all required paperwork, including forms, reports and schedules in an organized and timely manner.
- Implement Hope Package
Administration / Marketing;
- Local store marketing plan must be in place with focus on reaching out to new customers and retaining current guest [Pie Marketing]
- All Point of Sale functions
- Control cash and other receipts by adhering to cash handling and reconciliation procedures in accordance with restaurant policies and procedures.
- Reconciling daily sales report, weekly sales report
- Deposits must be sent to the bank daily
- Scheduling to meet set goal of 22% using Line Bar
- Purchasing and Inventory
- Food and Paper Cost @ 33%
- Sales Projections using History
- Prep Dollar Yield = Net Sales / Product Usage
- Understanding and providing weekly Profit and Loss
- Understands Breakeven
- Understands controllable in Profit and Loss = Admin General – Payroll - Utilities – Maintenance
- Two or more years restaurant experience (fast food/QSR management experience preferred.)
- Ability to handle pressure in a fast paced commercial operation
- Manage a group of diverse staff who have different abilities
- Ability to take direction and delegate tasks effectively
- Comprehensive knowledge of relevant Health & Safety rules and regulations
- The position may require occasional lifting of products to waist level weighing up to 50 pounds.
- Have the knowledge and ability to speak, read, write, and understand the primary language(s) of the work location.
- Good communication skills and can build relationships with customers
- Willing to work hours to cover evenings, weekends and holiday periods
- ServSafe certified (level 2)
Posting ID: 42314010Posted: 2020-07-14