US-IL-Oak Brook | US-IL-ChicagoCategory:
Delivery & Distribution - Inventory AssociateType:
Full TimeMin Salary:
USD $43,000.00/Yr.OverviewCome, Love What You Do.
Room & Board's Inventory Associates are the backbone of our Delivery Centers. Through dedication to accuracy and partnership with team members, our Inventory Associates contribute directly to cost control and inventory accuracy, both of which add value to the customer experience.
As an Inventory-Returns Associate
, you are responsible for managing all returned product in our delivery center. You'll provide critical feedback to the retail store, central office, and delivery teams about product and customer trends you're seeing based on returns. You'll also support the handling, storage and transfer of product through our distribution and retail channels. You play an integral role in our inventory integrity process and a direct impact to the customer experience by supporting product movement, providing feedback on product quality and researching/resolving issues in a thoughtful and timely manner.Schedule:
Tuesdays through Saturday, 7:30AM-4:00PMLocation: 2525 West 22nd Street Oak Brook, IL 60523The qualities you'll bring:
- You embrace processes, accuracy and technology. You are passionate about working in a fast-paced and organized environment that requires you to be agile in meeting the needs of the business. You engage with curiosity and lead with questions to find efficiencies in processes. You are confident and a self-driven problem solver with strong communication skills.
- You bring strength and stamina. In addition to the physical nature of this role, a great deal of stamina is also required. To successfully perform this role, you will need to be able to load/lift/carry heavy items (up to 100 pounds or more) while balancing, kneeling, crouching, walking, etc.
- You're a natural problem solver. If you notice something isn't right, you take care of it or bring it to someone who can. You're proactive and have a knack for problem solving in a variety of situations. You are recognized for your attention to detail and solid organizational and multitasking skills.
- You bring a great sense of camaraderie. You appreciate the close relationships you'll develop with your team. You value a professional work place where you work in collaboration with your peers and the broader team to ensure inventory accuracy and customer satisfaction.
What we offer:
- 3+ of years of related inventory management or logistically-oriented experience preferred.
- Experience with computerized inventory systems and databases (SAP preferred, but not required).
- You understand the importance of safe working habits and that this is a physically-demanding role requiring you to repeatedly lift 75-100 pounds independently throughout the day.
- You're open to being cross-trained in other roles and understand that you will be asked to work in other roles throughout the delivery center.
- You'll need to pass a criminal background check, pre-employment physical and physical abilities test.
- Guaranteed annual salary $43,000+ depending on experience/qualifications, plus occasional paid overtime
- Comprehensive benefit package, including medical, dental, three weeks of paid vacation, a matching 401(k), military leave for staff members serving in the Reserved Armed Forces, and more. For more details, visit www.roomandboard.com/careers/benefits-wellbeing.
- An established and progressive company celebrating 40-years with a culture rooted in mutual respect, trust and accountability. Committed to American-made products and sustainability. Learn more about our work culture at www.roomandboard.com/careers.
Room & Board is a place where people can flourish because they can be themselves. We celebrate our differences, including our beliefs and cultural traditions as well as all of the life experiences that define us. We build common ground through understanding and shared experiences. We're better together!
Join us and love what you do. It makes for a great day at work.
Posting ID: 595948754Posted: 2020-12-31