Can-do attitude? Motivated? Helpful? You've come to the right place.
At Ace, we're a place where you can make an impact. A place where your help is not only wanted, it's encouraged and celebrated. A Chicago Tribune
Top Workplace four years in a row. A place focused on the future, looking for new and better ways to compete in today's marketplace. A place with an iconic history, a promising future and a competitive spirit. We like to win.
Sound like a place where you'd like to be? But wait, there's more!
Our people are the foundation of what makes Ace great. We're looking for the best people to help us fulfill our vision of being the most helpful hardware store on the planet. Join a competitive, fast-paced and friendly work environment and gain a sense of ownership, building on Ace's continued success, and your own. The impact you can have
The Talent Acquisition Partner will collaborate with human resources managers and hiring managers across Ace's network of 15 distribution centers - also known as Retail Support Centers (RSCs) - to anticipate and meet the evolving needs of distribution center recruitment and deliver top talent into the organization. Based out of Ace's corporate headquarters in Oak Brook, IL, the Talent Acquisition Partner will manage the full cycle recruitment for exempt level RSC roles across the country, including roles such as Retail Support Manager, Warehouse Manager, Warehouse Supervisor, Inventory Manager, Logistics Manager and Facility Manager. The position will nurture relationships with prospective talent, manage on-going manager relationships and act as a true contributor to the growth of the company. This is an exciting opportunity to join a growing team of talent acquisition professionals supporting over 5,000 distribution center employees across the country that are instrumental in helping over 5,000 Ace Hardware stores be the most helpful hardware stores on the planet!What you'll do
What you need to succeed
- Full life cycle recruiting. Research, screen and assist in the selection of qualified and suitable candidates to fill exempt-level job openings across Ace's network of 15 distribution centers across the country - also know as Retail Support Centers (RSCs)
- Conduct "intake meetings" when positions become available. Establish recruiting strategy by incorporating manager's request, Ace's culture and HR Manager recommendations for both the internal and external recruiting process.
- Develop phone screens and interview guides to ensure consistency and competency adherence related to the position candidates are applying to.
- Maintain all job files consistently and in accordance to law.
- Determine applicant requirements by sourcing and identifying similarities between resume/profiles and job descriptions / qualifications.
- Evaluate applicants by discussing job requirements and applicant qualifications with HR Managers and hiring managers.
- Act as an administrator for the ATS. Enter all requisitions, externally and internally post job openings, manage the collection of resumes. Utilize system to gather and maintain notes regarding candidates and the interviewing process. Send all notifications as process directed.
- Develop and execute consistent job postings and social media postings reflecting Ace's employer brand. Engage potential candidates through social media.
- Help eliminate legal challenges by understanding current legislation; enforcing regulations with managers.
We want to hear from you!
- 3-5 years of staffing/recruitment experience, strong understanding and ability to recruit supervisor and manager roles in a distribution environment
- Experience managing a high-volume recruiting workload (i.e. 40 plus openings at a variety of levels).
- Demonstrated knowledge of interviewing skills. Needs to be familiar with different interviewing styles.
- Exceptional verbal and written communication skills, strong follow up collaboration skills.
- Knowledge of Employment Law
- Professional and charismatic presence; ability to make a positive first impression in all forms of communicative engagements
- Results driven in an extremely fast paced environment
- Attention to detail and exceptional organization skills
- Familiarity with applicant tracking systems. Experience working with Workday ATS preferred.
When most people think of career opportunities with Ace Hardware, they often think of the helpful cashiers and sales associates at their local store. However, have you also considered the people behind the scenes who select, promote, ship and process the invoices for more than 75,000 products? Maybe you haven't, but we'd like you to. Because together we help our customers take care of their homes. Come find out why a career with the Ace Hardware Corporation is one of America's best kept secrets. Equal Opportunity Employer
Ace Hardware Corporation and its subsidiaries are committed to a policy of promoting equal employment opportunities. The company recognizes the importance of diversity and leveraging the skills and talents of all people to the mutual advantage of each individual and the organization. The company is committed to the prevention of employment discrimination related to race, religion, color, sex (including sexual harassment), gender identity, national origin, age, marital status, disability and military or veteran status, sexual orientation or any other action covered by federal or applicable state/local laws.