The Sr. Analyst - Benefits & HR Compliance
is responsible for key elements of employment and benefit plan compliance requirements. This position will work cross functionally with HR stakeholders, Legal counsel, vendor partners and brokers on a wide range of compliance activities. What you'll do
What you need to succeed
- In coordination with the HR Compliance Manager and other key stakeholders, create the HR compliance training strategy, including mapping out annual training plans. Topics include, for example, Sexual Harassment Prevention and Anti-Discrimination. Proactively scan the federal, state and local regulatory environment to identify new HR compliance training requirements for all the states in which Ace operates within the U.S. Develop the necessary project and change management plans to implement new compliance-related training, then effectively deploy across the organization. Partner with Organizational Development to use the learning management system for tracking training completion, providing reports to stakeholders, etc.
- Oversee I-9 and E-Verify compliance, and as the subject matter expert, meet the needs of the stakeholders, monitor legislation, policies, and best practices. Conduct I-9 internal audits at the direction of the Legal Department. Develop the instructional material, conduct, and administer I-9 training to close any identified gaps.
- Proactively scan the federal, state and local regulatory environment to identify new HR compliance notice/poster requirements for all the states in which Ace operates within the U.S. For example, new hire wage theft notices and separation notices. Ensure that all locations are compliant, sourcing notices as needed.
- Ensure the Ace Healthcare Plan and Ace Corporate's compliance with benefit related federal (ACA, HIPAA, ERISA, COBRA, 1095s, etc.) and state regulations to include all periodic and/or special government required reports and filings such as the annual M1, 5500's and SAR's.
- Update SPDs, SBCs and other required notices annually or more often if needed for both the Ace Healthcare Plan and Corporate. Coordinate with outside vendors for their preparation and completion.
- Develop retailer audit process to ensure retailers and their participating employees are meeting the requirements outlined in the participation agreement.
- Resolve issues such as participating employer eligibility, participation agreement requirements and other plan related requirements.
- Build out and enhance key areas of the program including on-boarding, off-boarding, renewals, etc.
We want to hear from you!
- Requires 5 - 7 years of broad-based benefits experience in the areas of Health and Welfare Plans or general HR/employment compliance experience.
- Bachelor's degree in Business, HR or a related field required
- CBP, CEBS or other Benefits related certification preferred
- Extensive and current knowledge and experience with benefits related government regulatory and compliance requirements
- Requires strength in the areas of communications, analytical, problem solving, presentation and organizational skills
- Ability to effectively communicate with all levels of internal and external personnel and management, keeping appropriate parties informed of all pertinent matters related to position responsibilities
- Strong process improvement and project management skills
When most people think of career opportunities with Ace Hardware, they often think of the helpful cashiers and sales associates at their local store. However, have you also considered the people behind the scenes who select, promote, ship and process the invoices for more than 75,000 products? Maybe you haven't, but we'd like you to. Because together we help our customers take care of their homes. Come find out why a career with the Ace Hardware Corporation is one of America's best kept secrets. Equal Opportunity Employer
Ace Hardware Corporation and its subsidiaries are committed to a policy of promoting equal employment opportunities. The company recognizes the importance of diversity and leveraging the skills and talents of all people to the mutual advantage of each individual and the organization. The company is committed to the prevention of employment discrimination related to race, religion, color, sex (including sexual harassment), gender identity, national origin, age, marital status, disability and military or veteran status, sexual orientation or any other action covered by federal or applicable state/local laws.
Posting ID: 585690912Posted: 2020-11-09