Come work for the Navy Exchange...where you can have a retail career with a purpose!
We are a world-class retailer serving the best customers in the world: active duty, retired military, and their families.
Performs the full range of duties in connection with the servicing of vehicles and mobile equipment and performs minor maintenance work.
Duties and Responsibilities:
Performs all or a substantial combination of the following duties:
- Drains and changes lubricants in crank cases, differentials, and transmissions; lubricates vehicles and replaces oil and air filters; replaces shock absorbers, mufflers, and tail pipes; adjusts and bleeds brake systems: packs front wheel bearings and flushes radiators. Checks fluid level in braking systems and power steering reservoirs.
- Checks oil and water levels, tire pressure, anti-freeze and advises customer on finding, suggesting additional service or accessories as appropriate. Rotates, repairs and replaces tube and tubeless tires. Inspects front end of vehicles for proper alignment and worn ball joints, and advises customer. Installs trailer hitches.
- Assists automotive workers of higher grade in the installation of accessories and in automotive tune-ups by replacing spark plugs, ignition points and condenser, etc.
- Opens and closes a location Automotive Service Station in accordance with established procedures.
- Dispenses gasoline, motor oil and additives, as required. Maintains records of fuel and oil issued and inventory of gasoline and other supplies on hand. Takes daily meter readings of pumps and "dip-stick" readings of gasoline and storage tanks.
- Prepares service work orders for work to be done. Counsels customers on automotive service needs and resolves patron service questions and complaints. Makes appointment schedules and records; ensures availability of parts at the time of scheduled job performance. Initiates Purchase Order Worksheets for special parts for repair of customer vehicles. Maintains required records.
- Issues parts and accessories to automotive workers.
- Sells automotive parts, supplies, accessories.
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
PHYSICAL EFFORT: Stands, works and climbs on vehicles to check oil and water. Occasional heavy lifting required in handling cans and drums of petroleum products. Some bending, reaching and working in awkward positions when performing work in lube pits or under car racks.
WORKING CONDITIONS: Inside work generally done in areas that are dirty, oily, greasy; constant exposure to cuts, bruises and strains.
TRAINING REQUIREMENT: Associate must receive Hazardous Material (HazMat) training within 90 days of hire per Department of Transportation regulations.
GENERAL EXPERIENCE: One year of experience that provided the applicant with knowledge of performing a variety of duties in connection with the servicing of vehicles such as, dispensing gasoline, motor oil and additives, checking oil and water levels, tire pressure, anti-freeze, etc.
SUBSTITUTION OF EDUCATION FOR EXPERIENCE: One year of high school education may be substituted for 3 months of general experience up to a High School Diploma or GED for one year of general experience.
SPECIALIZED EXPERIENCE: One year of experience that provided the knowledge and ability to perform a full range of duties in connection with the servicing of vehicles and mobile equipment and performing minor maintenance work.
PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS: Stands, works and climbs on vehicles to check oil and water. Occasional heavy lifting required in handling cans and drums of petroleum products. Some bending, reaching and working in awkward positions when performing work in lube pits or under car racks.
Posting ID: 562275238Posted: 2020-09-22