A Retail Associate is responsible for maintaining client service as per Company standard, cash register
operations (POS), stocking, housekeeping, and loss prevention in adherence to all company policy/store
standards. A Retail Associate is expected to be engaging with clients and have the ability to convey pet
knowledge and expertise within 30 days of being hired, in an enthusiastic manner through verbal
communications while living out the Mission Statement and Core Values of the Company.
This position reports to the manager in charge of the scheduled shift and will be evaluated by the Store
Director and from, time‐to‐time, the Co‐manager.
- Ensure that each client receives outstanding service by providing a friendly environment which includes greeting and acknowledging every client, maintaining outstanding standards, solid product knowledge, and all other components of client service.
- Maintain an awareness of all product knowledge information, merchandise promotions, and advertisements.
- Assist in display maintenance, shelf maintenance, and store housekeeping.
- Assist in stocking shelves, receiving of merchandise, and monitoring floor stock.
- Accurately and efficiently complete all sales transactions and maintain proper cash accountabilities at POS register.
- Communicate guest requests to management.
- Adhere to all Company policies, procedures, and practices.
- Any other duties as assigned by management.
Exemption Status: Non‐exempt
Educational and Experience Requirements:
Mandatory Educational programs to be completed at store.
- Retail Sales Academy – Consists of 6 video modules on selling techniques to perform the “Perfect Purchase” to our clients.
- Off the Leashes – Consists of training material on product knowledge.
Optional Educational programs to be completed on your own time (Note: Must complete the Pet Degrees for further advancement in Pet Supplies Plus)
- Pet Degrees – Consists of 3 sections of both video modules and training material to further your education on product and care knowledge.
See this document for educational requirement detail. The Company may, from time?to?time, add continuing educational requirements in addition to what is currently stated. This positon does not require previous work experience.
From the date of hire, the orientation period to complete the mandatory educational requirements and
understand the above Basic Function of position is 30 days. Failure to complete or grasp the content
may result in termination and or extension of the orientation period at the sole discretion of the Store
Manager and/or Co?Manager.
- Ability to move or handle merchandise throughout the store weighing up to 50 pounds.
- Ability to climb ladders.
- Ability to bend and kneel as needed to stock shelves and clean store.
- Ability to freely access all areas of the store including selling floor, stock room, and register area.
- Ability to operate all store equipment necessary to run the store.
- Ability to process information through POS system.
- Ability to communicate with associates and guests.
- Ability to read, count, and write to accurately complete all documentation.
- Ability to work varied hours/days as business dictates.
Posting ID: 52297742Posted: 2020-02-19