Perdue Foods is part of Perdue Farms, a family-owned company heading into its second century of growth and innovation. With a goal of becoming the most trusted name in premium proteins, we create products for consumers and for retail and foodservice customers around the globe, while changing the way animals are raised for food. Summary
Come join us at Perdue as an Intern for Summer 2021! The purpose of an Intern is to gain real-world manufacturing safety experience over an 8 - 10 week period.
What you can expect from a Perdue summer internship?
- Competitive Pay
- Hands-On, Real-World Work Experience
This person will be based out of our Concord, N.C. facility. Principal and Essential Duties & Responsibilities
- Develops an understanding of our facility's safety functions.
- Manages a safety project throughout the summer to improve overall safety performance.
- Completion of weekly assessments to demonstrate learned material.
- Will perform legitimate safety roles and responsibilities as needed in the business unit.
- Will participate in safety learning events to develop an understanding of the Company, Agri Stats and soft skills training.
- Currently pursuing a Bachelors degree in Safety, Business Administration, Agriculture, Poultry Science, Animal Science or related field.
- Prefer GPA is 3.0 or higher.
Perdue Farms, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status.
- Must be proficient in Microsoft Office.
- May be required to travel to other facilities and plants for meetings and/or business.
- Authorization to work in the United States without sponsorship is required.
Posting ID: 575421205Posted: 2020-09-23