Core to RSF's work is its flagship Social Investment Fund, a $140M senior debt fund that supports high impact non-profits and for-profits that operate in the fields of sustainable agriculture, education & the arts and ecological stewardship. The fund is capitalized by investments from over 1,700 individuals and the income derived from the fund covers the majority of RSF's annual operating budget. RSF is seeking a new Senior Director of Credit who will thrive in a collaborative environment where financial innovation is combined with sound credit decisions. The Senior Director of Credit will oversee all aspects of underwriting and portfolio management for commercial loans that include mortgage loans, constructions loans, asset-backed lines of credit and equipment term loans. Beyond these primary duties, the Senior Director will also contribute to enhancing the organization's internal operations, external offerings, and business model strategy, and will serve as a thought partner to other team members, helping bring to life new and emerging concepts to better achieve RSF's mission. This role works closely with the Executive Team and Board Credit and Finance Committees to make key decisions.
- Manage Credit Team
- Define, develop, review, and implement credit policies and procedures across a spectrum of products.
- Oversee the loan approval process and participate in underwriting complex credit relationships to meet RSF's standards for credit quality, social impact, and revenue targets; structure new deals.
- Oversee underwriting and annual review process to underwriters and mentor them on how to underwrite transactions with increasing complexity.
- Ensure high and well managed credit risk quality of RSF's credit portfolio of existing loans to ensure it meets RSF's short and long-term strategic goals.
- Facilitate RSF Credit Committee and Board Loan Committee.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Must have a minimum of 10 years of credit underwriting, structuring and administration experience, including asset and cash flow-based credit analysis skills, financial modeling skills, commercial loan structuring and risk management.
- Minimum 5 years direct and indirect supervisory and/or client relationship management
- Experience in relationship management or business development.
- Familiarity with and passion for the impact investing sector, social enterprise, or one of RSF's focus areas is preferred.
- Expert knowledge of for-profit and non-profit accounting, advanced credit analysis and financial modeling.
- Proven experience implementing credit and loan policies and procedures including systems improvements.
- Demonstrated ability to coach and mentor team members so that they achieve their full potential and gain technical expertise to contribute to a well-managed lending culture.
- Extremely detail-oriented.
- Must be available to occasionally work outside of regular office hours when needed
- Some travel may be required
Compensation & Benefits:
The expected initial salary for this position is expected to be in the $140K range. Other benefits include:
- A fulfilling work environment at a supportive and entrepreneurially-driven organization
- A competitive compensation package including employer-paid medical, dental, and vision insurance benefits
- Very generous vacation and sick leave benefits plus nine paid holidays per year
- 403(b) plan with employer-paid contributions after one year of employment
- Exposure to innovative ideas, projects, and collaborative staff activities
- Access to numerous professional development opportunities
Please submit your resume via e-mail to HR@rsfsocialfinance.org along with a thoughtful cover letter. In the cover letter, please explain why you are interested in the mission, values, and activities of RSF Social Finance. Please also tell us why your skills and experience would make you successful in this role.
In the e-mail subject line, please write "Senior Director, Credit".
Please note that applications without a cover letter will not be considered. No phone calls please.
Applications will be accepted on a rolling basis.
RSF Social Finance is an equal opportunity employer; candidates representing a diversity of backgrounds are encouraged to apply.
Posting ID: 564747401Posted: 2020-08-05