Working for Pacific Service Credit Union
We put people first. That includes our members, our employees and the communities we serve. We hire energetic and enthusiastic people who want to work as part of our team.
What’s in it for you?
Health insurance coverage: We provide our employees with 100% medical, dental, vision, disability and basic life insurance for full-time employees and eligible dependents.
401k: We contribute 3% of your base salary to your 401k account regardless of whether you contribute or not. In addition, we match 75% of your contributions up to the first 3% of eligible compensation after one year of service and up to 6% after three years of service.
Bonus program: All employees are rewarded for attaining our annual organizational goals.
Vacation and sick time: Full-time employees receive more than two weeks’ vacation per year, 10 paid holidays and 10 days of sick leave.
Position Summary: Under general supervision, the Mortgage Loan Compliance Specialist will work closely with the mortgage lending department to ensure loans are being processed in compliance with federal and state regulations, Credit Union policy and investor requirements. The position will also assist with a variety of clerical, audit and quality assurance duties.
- Review loan packages for completeness of documents and compliance with Credit Union policy, regulatory requirements and secondary market lending parameters.
- Perform pre-closing secondary review, basic audit and quality control functions.
- Research and resolve all outstanding conditions for loans sold to investors.
- Research and respond to post-closing audit findings; maintain documentation of resolution.
- Perform compliance/regulatory-related research as requested.
- Assist in providing loan level documentation for state and investor examinations.
- Serve as a secondary liaison between PSCU and real estate related vendors.
- Ensure complete digital mortgage files are stored and maintained in the mortgage loan origination system and Symitar.
- Review loan exception reports, resolve outstanding items and maintain documentation.
- Monitor and review policies, procedures, forms and agreements to ensure regulatory compliance with applicable laws, rules and regulations; and ensure compliance with company policies and procedures.
- Identify opportunities to enhance the effectiveness of departmental policies and procedures, software controls and additional training needs.
- Open, sort, and route incoming mail, answer correspondence, and prepare outgoing mail.
- Maintain and distribute loan referral and cross sell logs.
- Process market rate adjustment requests and perform required account maintenance.
- Process and distribute daily reports including pipeline, funding, prospecting reports, etc.
- Perform quarterly MERS reconciliation, validate system data to MERS registry and submit required certifications.
- Assist with preparing annual investor recertifications.
- Prepare and submit the Uniform Closing Dataset (UCD) within required timelines.
- Process flood insurance renewals for escrow accounts.
- Review HMDA data for accuracy and submit HMDA LAR annually.
- Process mortgage loan payoff demands, subordination and reconveyance requests, and review paid loan files for completeness of documents.
- Process loan cancellations/denials and adverse action letters.
- Special projects and other responsibilities as assigned.
- Assist other departments where appropriate when assigned by supervisor.
- Assist in processing first and second mortgages.
- Provide clerical support as needed.
Knowledge, Qualifications and Skills:
- Education: Bachelor’s or AA degree in Finance, Criminal Justice or other related business discipline desired or equivalent comparable experience.
- Experience: In-depth knowledge of mortgage lending regulatory guidelines and banking policies/procedures a must. Ability to provide courteous, knowledgeable and professional customer service both in person and by phone. Strong/advanced skills operating a personal computer including Microsoft Word, Microsoft Excel, Microsoft Outlook and navigating the internet. Must possess good judgment and organization skills, the ability to prioritize, and handle confidential information.
- Skills and Abilities:
- Ability to communicate effectively both verbally and in writing.
- Knowledge of Symitar, Lending 360 and Calyx Point preferred.
- Highly organized and able to manage large amounts of documents and information efficiently and accurately.
- Must be eligible to obtain and maintain valid registration with the National Mortgage Licensing System (NMLS) and Registry in compliance with the requirements of federal law and the SAFE Act.
- Proficiency in computer programs, i.e., Microsoft Office and ability to use keyboard, ten-key calculator, and other video display terminals required.
- Must have strong research, analytical knowledge and good mathematics skills.
- Must possess the ability to effectively work in a fast-paced environment.
- Extra Credit Skills: You will bring your enthusiasm, collaborative work-style, inquisitive attitude, flexibility, creativity, focus on excellence, and overall “great-to-work-with” demeanor. Previous experience with a financial institution with advanced knowledge of financial products and services is a requirement.
- Travel Required: Minimal travel expected. Any travel during assigned shifts requires ability to operate personal vehicle.
- Hours Required: Non-exempt employee with a work schedule of Monday through Friday: 8:00am to 5:00pm. Schedules are subject to change based on organizational needs.
- Environmental Conditions: Work is primarily performed within a cubicle. Subject to standard background noise found in an office environment.
Physical Job Requirements: The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by the person in this position to successfully perform the essential functions for the position.
- Sit, Stand, Walk: While performing the duties of the job, the person in this position is regularly required to sit, stand, walk and move about inside the office to access file cabinets, office equipment, etc. The duties in this position will require regular travel via personal vehicle which may result in long periods of sitting.
- Use of Hands/Fingers: To operate a computer, computer keyboard, mouse and other office productivity machinery, such as but not limited to; a calculator, copy machine and computer printer. The person in this position is frequently required to sit and reach with hands and arms.
- Speech/Hearing: The person in this position frequently communicates via phone and in person. Must be able to talk to/hear clients and educate them on products and services offered at the credit union.
- Lifting/Pulling/Carrying: The person in this position must occasionally lift/move up to 20 lbs. and set up displays/tables at site visits.
- Bending/Kneeling: The person in this position occasionally moves to retrieve items for use in presentations and daily work activities.
Posting ID: 586449250Posted: 2020-12-01