Important Update: In response to the COVID-19 pandemic, Kaiser Permanente is moving to a virtual recruitment process including telephone and video interviews to help ensure the health and safety of our employees, candidates, and communities. Also, some hiring activities may be delayed or suspended in certain geographic areas and job categories. For more information on Kaiser Permanente's response to COVID-19, visit our Resource Center .
Consulting Services & Project/Program Management (Non-IT)
Driving Care Initiatives
From designing and leading complex programs to analyzing and translating business capabilities into powerful solutions, your expertise helps shape the future of health care.
Submit Interest Location:
Oakland, CA Additional Locations: Job Number:
892762 Date posted:
Managerial consulting supports senior leadership by addressing strategic issues, including determining the problem definition and structuring the problem solving approach, generally where no precedent currently exists. Issues span several topics and are not restricted to one functional area. Examples include strategy development, market assessments, policy issues, profitability assessments and major implementations. Issues support senior leadership in the definition and attainment of organizational goals. Managerial Consultant provides consulting, project management, and analytic support services for a broad array of issues. May assist senior consultants or manage complex projects independently. Essential Functions:
- Defines and frames complex multi-dimensional strategic management issues and develops time tables/processes for decision making.
- Translates needs, issues, and ideas into effective strategies and action plans.
- Coordinates team/project activities and schedules.
- Researches key business issues and directs the collecting and analyzing of quantitative and qualitative data.
- Synthesizes analysis and identifies key findings.
- Assists in the determination of goals and priorities with team, clients, or project management sponsors.
- Establishes team membership and project participant.
- Develops proposals for clients outlining proposed project structure, approach, and work plan.
- Provides staff leadership to multi-disciplinary project teams, as well as manages work of outside consultants when used.
- Formulates specific implementation plans and evaluates the effectiveness of actions/programs implemented.
- Communicates results/recommendations to project sponsors.
- Develops creative alternative solutions.
- Recommends action steps to team and client.
- Plans and facilitates meetings.
- Makes formal presentations to various senior level audiences.
- Transfers project team knowledge/tools to client.
- Participates in the development and management of the department, including coaching, recruiting, conducting performance reviews for analysts, and other departmental activities. Basic Qualifications:Experience
- Minimum four (4) years of related analytical and/or consulting experience required.
- Bachelor's degree in business administration, economics, health care administration, operations research, public health administration, or other related field, OR four (4) years of experience in a directly related field.
- High School Diploma or General Education Development (GED) required.
License, Certification, Registration
- Specific expertise required as specified.
- Demonstrated ability to conduct and interpret quantitative/qualitative analysis.
- Advanced computer skills and knowledge of data systems.
- Must demonstrate effective communication, consulting, interpersonal, presentation, and project management skills.
- Must be able to work in a Labor/Management Partnership environment.
- Minimum four (4) years of related analytical and/or consulting experience in health care preferred.
- Master's degree preferred. Additional Preferred Qualifications:
- This position supports analytic quality reporting for the
Early Start program in Northern California. Early Start is Kaiser
Permanente's award winning
perinatal substance use counseling intervention. The preferred candidate has
working with and understanding Primary Location:
relational databases and experience doing performance improvement consulting in
a healthcare setting.
California,Oakland,1950 Franklin 1950 Franklin Scheduled Weekly Hours:
Mon, Tue, Wed, Thu, Fri Working Hours Start:
8:30 AM Working Hours End:
5:00 PM Job Schedule:
Full-time Job Type:
Standard Employee Status:
Regular Employee Group/Union Affiliation:
Salaried, Non-Union, Exempt Job Level:
Individual Contributor Job Category:
Consulting Services / Project/Program Management (Non IT) Department:
Patient Care Services - Early Start Program Travel:
Yes, 5 % of the Time Kaiser Permanente is an equal opportunity employer committed to a diverse and inclusive workforce. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy), age, sexual orientation, national origin, marital status, parental status, ancestry, disability, gender identity, veteran status, genetic information, other distinguishing characteristics of diversity and inclusion, or any other protected status.
External hires must pass a background check/drug screen. Qualified applicants with arrest and/or conviction records will be considered for employment in a manner consistent with federal and state laws, as well as applicable local ordinances, including but not limited to the San Francisco and Los Angeles Fair Chance Ordinances.
Click here for additional requirements >
About Consulting Services & Project/program Management (non-it) Careers
See What People are Saying About Working at KP
Come introduce yourself to a member of the Kaiser Permanente team at an upcoming career or professional event. We look forward to meeting you in person.
You do not have any recently viewed jobs.
Join Kaiser Permanente's Talent Network
Please fill out the fields below and click "Join Now" to receive information about opportunities that relate to your selections.
Enter Last Name
Search for a category and select one from the list of suggestions. Search for a location and select one from the list of suggestions. Finally, click "Add" to create your job alert.
Select Job Location*