Professional Massage Therapist
At Massage Envy, we believe massage and skincare shouldn't be a luxury; our purpose is to help people feel their best. That's why everything we do is in service of delivering memorable experiences of Total Body Care that "help you take care of you." The Massage Envy culture of care has made the organization it is today, because our people strive to live our values of optimism, gratitude, excellence, consistency and empathy in all we do.
A career in massage therapy and skincare should mean practicing your art in a friendly, supportive, and professional environment, and at Massage Envy, that's exactly what you'll find.
Job Title: Massage Therapist
Reports To: Manager
Function: Provides therapeutic massage through a variety of trained modalities
- Perform professional quality massage, within scope of practice and licensing (as applicable).
- Must follow all Massage Envy policies and protocols.
- Assists in the cleanliness of the location (therapy rooms and common areas).
- Utilizes Massage Envy approved modalities, in accordance with applicable law in your location.
- If performing hot stone, deep muscle or prenatal therapy, must have appropriate training and satisfy the minimum clinic education hours.
- Maintain professional appearance at all times.
- Maintain client confidentiality at all times.
- Design specific sessions based on member's/guest's individual needs.
- Assists in the promotion of the health and wellness benefits to clients receiving massage therapy on a regular basis; communicates various promotions to clients
- Creates excellent member/guest experience through friendly and helpful attitude.
- Reliable, on time attendance. Attends all scheduled shifts, is prompt to work and works entire scheduled shift.
- Completes Wellness Chart documentation accurately and completely.
- Other duties as assigned.
The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skills, and/or ability required for this job.
Education, Skills and Training:
- Minimum of 500 hours of massage therapy school as well as required classroom work.
- Participates in continuing education to improve effectiveness (preferred).
- Satisfactory results of background and reference check is a condition of employment in this position.
- Must adhere to all applicable local and state licensing laws and regulations related to the massage therapy services provided, including following any applicable law pertaining to maintaining current Massage License.
- Knowledge of and experience in performing Swedish and Deep Tissue Massage required, as well as knowledge of and experience in performing other modalities offered by Massage Envy.
- Understands and believes in the healing benefits of massage therapy and bodywork.
- Must be able to stand, sit and use hands to massage for multiple 50-120 minute sessions per day
- Reasonable accommodations are available to individuals with disabilities, upon request, as required by law.
- Able to work flexible days and hours.
- Is regularly at work and on time, as scheduled.
Communications and Personal Interactions:
- Customer service orientation.
- Ability to communicate effectively (orally and written) and in a courteous and professional manner on a regular basis with members, guests, co-workers and management.
- Follows location's internal policies, procedures and direction.
At Massage Envy in San Mateo, you'll enjoy:
- Competitive compensation: $20-$30 service bonuses per hour + tips
- Hiring Bonus up to $1000
- Flexible schedules.
- Ability to earn a great living doing what you love.
- Use your skills to customize the therapy for your clients.
- Regular, steady clientele.
- Well-stocked treatment rooms with state-of-the-art equipment.
- In-house training and free continuing education classes.
- Employer contribution to group healthcare benefits.
- Paid sick time.
- Employee discounts.
- No cost trades.
- Free massage for every 100 hours of massage performed.
- New Student Loan Repayment Program for full-time Massage Therapists that will pay an additional $150 per month to help our full-time Massage Therapists pay-off their student loans!
- Bridge toll program.
Posting ID: 34637984Posted: 2020-07-14