This position will support the Maintenance department and reports to the Maintenance Manager. The EA will assist in planning and organizing preventive maintenance work orders, repair orders and entering into Oracles EAM system. The EA will interact with all departments to coordinate and follow up with repairs. Essential Functions:Maintenance & Repair Responsibilities:
Physical Activities Required to Perform Essential Functions:
- Coordinates with multiple locations as to the proper use of Oracle EAM system, its components and modules
- Generates accurate and detailed reports as to the costs associated to particular assets, department, facility etc.
- Generates monthly usage & cost reports
- Assign equipment to appropriate department and/or location within EAM
- Coordinates repairs and services in such a manner as to cause minimal impact to production
- Reviews inventory issued to work orders prior to completion
- Generate/forecast preventive maintenance work orders via work bench
- Process and monitor fluid analysis
- Work with Fixed Asset team to ensure proper placement of equipment for depreciation purposes
- Enter labor hours against work orders
- Enter run hours/mile, fluid & fuel for equipment
- Review open work orders with Foremen on an ongoing basis to ensure accurate work order log
Ability to: lift and carry up to 10 lbs occasionally, sit for extended periods of time, up to 6-8 hours per day; write by hand and keyboard for several hours per day; be mobile within an office setting; communicate by phone, email and sometimes in person in a professional manner. Visual acuity for close detail work, preparing and analyzing data figures, accounting, and computer use.Interpersonal Contacts:
Internal contacts include maintenance and yard personnel as well as managers within Schnitzer Steel Products Co. and Schnitzer Steel Industries. External contacts include contractors and vendors.Job Conditions:
Average office environments; Occasional exposure to dirt and dust related to scrap yard and shop environment. Disturbances of workflow and or irregularities in work schedule are expected and occur on an intermittent basis. Qualifications:
PLEASE NOTE: The above statements are designed to outline the functions and position requirements of this job. It does not identify all tasks that may be expected, nor address the performance standards that must be maintained.
- High school degree or equivalent
- 2+ years working with computers in an administrative/office capacity
- Working knowledge of computer skills to include, but are not limited to Windows, Microsoft Outlook, and Excel.
- Familiarity with Oracle or any automated maintenance management system is a plus.
- Ability to learn quickly, disseminate information timely and accurately and to work under pressure.
- Deal with some abstract but mostly concrete variables.
All U.S. applicants must be 18 years of age or older and all Canada applicants must be 16 years of age or older.
Schnitzer Steel Industries, Inc. participates in e-verify for all U.S. new hires.
An offer of U.S. employment by Schnitzer Steel Industries, Inc. or any of its subsidiaries is contingent on the satisfactory completion of a post-offer drug screen and background check.
All new hires must review and sign an Arbitration Agreement. This applies to all U.S. non-union employees.
As an Equal Opportunity Employer, Schnitzer Steel Industries, Inc. does not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, sex, marital status, disability status, national origin or ancestry, veteran status, age, prior industrial injury, sexual orientation, genetic information, or any other protected status under local, state or federal law.