Kelly Services® has been providing outstanding employment opportunities to the most talented individuals in the marketplace. We are proud to offer a long-term temporary opportunity to work as a Scientist III, Cell Biology & Analytical Chemistry
at a prestigious Fortune 500® company working in Carlsbad.
Important information: This position is recruited for by a remote Kelly office, not your local Kelly branch. To be considered for this position, you must use the “Submit Resume” button to submit your resumes. If you have questions about the position, you may contact the recruiter for this position (Brooke.Schoen@kellyservices.com) however your resume must be received via the “Submit Resume” button included within.
Job Title: Scientist III - Cell Biology and Analytical Chemistry
Pay Rate: $52 hour
The Cell Biology Scientist III, will be responsible for performing Research and Development activities focused on analytical chemistry techniques and methods relevant to development of products for cell and gene therapy applications.
- Ability to develop de novo analytical methods and optimize experimental conditions for QC analysis of reagents and buffers for viral vector production
- Design the plan and protocols, and execute formal method validation to demonstrate precision, accuracy and robustness of developed analytical methods.
- Prepare method development reports and conduct tech transfer of analytical QC protocols to manufacturing.
- Perform stability studies to determine shelf life of reagents and buffers related to viral vector production
- Be able to work Independently in a fast paced product development setting with minimal training and supervision
- May be required to perform other related duties as required and/or assigned
- Understand stringency of timelines by being tenacious, decisive, nimble and quick,
- Highly engaged in daily lab activities, focusing on workflow optimization, data analysis, guard banding/DOE, verification and validation, and documentation.
- Ability to independently design experiments, write plans, protocols, reports, and work instruction, etc, to support product development
- Keep up to date with projects and documentation and published literature related to the field
- Possess strong organizational, communication and interpersonal skills with ability to interact with people internally and externally
- Highly collaborative with the ability to work in a matrixed environment within a diverse team and champion positive work environment
- Demonstrates strategic, astute and forward-thinking attitude by anticipating needs and problems while creating solutions
Requirements and Education:
Requires Masters with minimum of 3 years’ experience in related field or Doctorate degree in Chemistry, Biochemistry or related discipline with less than 2 years postdoc experience
- Strong background in analytical chemistry with proficiency in HPLC, HPIC, FT/IR, including operation of instrument, method development, and quantitative analysis
- Skilled in analytical chemistry and standard cell biology techniques including HPIC, HPLC, flow cytometry, tissue culture, transfection
- Experience with Cell and Gene therapy process development will be a plus
- Previous experience with cGMP manufacturing or process development and understanding of regulatory requirements for cell and gene therapy is desired
- Should have a drive to work in a fast-paced environment
- Excellent communication skills, including verbal and written with an ability to effectively present scientific data and concepts to a diverse set audience (R&D, business team and industry/academic researchers)
- Intellectually curious and well informed on latest scientific advances in the field is desirable
- Possess a sense of urgency and be able to independently design, execute and interpret experiments
- Should be detail oriented with excellent organization and record keeping skills
We invite you to bookmark our Web site and encourage you to review it regularly for new opportunities worldwide: www.kellyservices.com.
Kelly Services® is a U.S.-based Fortune 500 company. With our global network of branch locations, we are uniquely positioned to provide our customers with international staffing support and our employees with diverse assignments around the world.
Kelly Services is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Kelly® Science & Clinical is your connection to premier scientific and clinical companies looking to hire talented people just like you. Every day, we match science professionals with dream jobs that fit their skills and interests-it's the way we think job searching should be. Nearly 100 percent of our science recruiters have a professional background/education in science, so we know a thing or two about the science market and how to get you noticed.
At Kelly, we're always thinking about what's next and advising job seekers on new ways of working to reach their full potential. In fact, we're a leading advocate for temporary/nontraditional workstyles, because we believe they allow flexibility and tremendous growth opportunities that enable a better way to work and live. Connecting great people with great companies is what we do best, and our employment opportunities span a wide variety of workstyles, skill levels, and industries around the world.
Kelly is an equal opportunity employer committed to employing a diverse workforce, including, but not limited to, minorities, females, individuals with disabilities, protected veterans, sexual orientation, gender identity. Equal Employment Opportunity is The Law.