Who we are:
We are the WOW flavor behind some of your favorite meal experiences. We are the partner to some of the most well-known names in food, food service and retail. You will find our products on fast-casual menus, frozen meals, retail deli, meal kits and RTE bagged salads.
We co-create and supply our partners with hot-cooked products including sauces, cheese sauces, soups, chilis and marinades. Our cold-processed products include dressings, sauces, spreads and batters. And we have a world-class facility dedicated to producing fresh salsas.
We are a fast-growing food organization with 4 production facilities in So Cal and will be expanding to the East Coast.
As a Maintenance Mechanic you will be responsible for a safe and reliable machine operation as well as proper preventative maintenance and repair to equipment. You will be liable to maintain the building and production lines active. All duties are to be performed in a safe and timely manner and in compliance with Good Manufacturing Practices.
- Primarily responsible for maintaining their respective production lines.
- Schedules and supervises all shipping and receiving functions including related personnel (forklift drivers and finished product warehouse staff).
- Support Maintenance Manager by identifying any known problems or by requesting parts needed to maintain or repair equipment.
- Improve warehouse work processes through strategic planning in order to create a more efficient fulfillment system
- To complete any special projects or work orders in a safe and timely manner.
- Planning warehouse layouts to maximize inventory controls, facility layout, facility flow, process flow and related data analysis.
- To keep their work area in a clean and organized.
- Evaluate, design and propose supply chain solutions in support of new and existing business.
- Complete daily line checklist and support line lead with any equipment problems.
- Examine contents and compare with records, such as manifests, invoices, or orders, to verify accuracy of incoming or outgoing shipment.
- Practice good habits of teamwork and cooperation with fellow employees.
- Prepare documents, such as work orders, bills of lading, and shipping orders to route materials.
- Ensure operation of machinery and mechanical equipment by completing preventative maintenance requirements on motors, pneumatic tools, conveyor systems, and production lines.
- Record shipment data, such as weight, charges, space availability, and damages and discrepancies, for reporting, accounting, and recordkeeping purposes.
- Locates sources of equipment problems by observing mechanical devices in operation, using precision measuring and testing instruments.
- Understands and enforces food safety guidelines.
- Removes defective parts by dismantling devices; using hand/power tools; examining form and texture of parts.
- Processes all in- and outbound shipments including but not limited to sorting, logging, delivering, packing, and shipping. Audits each shipment prior to packing to ensure that goods match order.
- Controls downtime by working with and training line operators.
- Inspects all incoming freight for damage; follows-up with purchasing to resolve any damaged freight issues.
- Fabricates repairs by using machine shop instrumentation and equipment.
Qualifications and Education:
- High School diploma
- 10+ years of experience in maintenance mechanic within the food or cosmetic manufacturing
- Experience with fillers, bottlers, cappers, conveyors, blenders, labelers, pumps in food manufacturing.
- Demonstrate ability to follow diagrams, sketches, operations manuals, manufacturer's instructions, and engineering specifications.
- Mechanical aptitude/good welding experience (sanitary a plus) also strong electrical background.
- Basic math skills.
- Ability to lift up to 50 lbs.
- Professional Development
- Medical Benefits (Medical, Dental, Vision, 401K Plan)
- Life Insurance
We are an EEO employer.
Posting ID: 607378294Posted: 2021-02-24