This position requires an individual to perform a variety of tasks in the custodial and maintenance trades for the cleaning and repair of school buildings, grounds, and related district facilities. We have both FT and PT positions available.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Perform major cleaning tasks using repetitive motions such as vacuuming, wet mopping, sweeping, buffing, dusting, emptying trash and pencil sharpeners, cleaning chalkboards, and disinfecting drinking fountains, desks and tables.
- Clean restrooms, including floors and fixtures. Ensure restrooms are hygienic.
- Wash windows and sills.
- Perform ongoing tasks such as replacing light bulbs, filling dispensers, and setting up facilities for student and adult use.
- Make minor building repairs including plumbing, electrical, and carpentry and promptly report major repairs needed to the Maintenance Supervisor.
- Work overtime and on weekends as necessary to meet district events and facility schedules.
- Pull weeds, mow grass, keep grounds free of rubbish and in winter shovel snow from steps, and sidewalks and apply ice melt when appropriate.
Qualifications and Requirements:
- Ability to write legibly and complete requested paperwork timely.
- Maintain a positive demeanor, use appropriate language, and maintain a professional relationship with students, faculty, administration, and community patrons.
- Possess and maintain a valid Driver’s License.
- Must be able to pass finger print background check.
- High school diploma or G.E.D.
Full-time benefit eligible employees are given the opportunity to participate in the OPS benefit program which includes:
- Health, Dental, and Vision Insurance
- 401k retirement plan with a company match
- Voluntary Short Term and Long Term Disability
- Voluntary Life Insurance
- 7 annual paid holidays
- Paid time off
Posting ID: 577149578Posted: 2020-10-28