has an exciting opportunity in our Crop Nutrients/Grain Marketing division. We are looking for a Laborer
to join our growing team. You must be self-motivated, hardworking and have good time management skills.
Basic Qualifications: (required)
- Assist with loading and unloading of bulk fertilizer/grain products for suppliers and customers.
- Adhere to all company safety regulations.
- Assist with maintenance and repairs of plant equipment as directed.
- Other duties as assigned
- Maintain and promote a strong safety culture and follow all safety policies, procedures and regulations. Identify and communicate workplace hazards and correct or seek assistance in correcting unsafe actions or conditions
Preferred Qualifications: (desired)
- High school diploma or GED
- 1 plus years of related experience
- Ability to lift and carry a minimum of 50lbs
- Ability to work at various heights above ground as required
- Ability to work long hours to meet business demands
- Ability to work in dust and different weather conditions and temperatures
- Ability to stand, sit, bend, lift, twist
- Ability to follow directions
Auto req ID
- Bulk fertilizer/grain handling experience
- Barge handling experience
- Equipment repair and maintenance experience
CHS offers a competitive total compensation package. Benefits include: Health, Dental, Vision, Hearing, Life Insurance, Health and Day Care Savings Accounts, Paid Vacation, 401K, Company Funded Pension, Profit Sharing, Long and Short Term Disability, Tuition reimbursement, and Adoption assistance. This position will have opportunity for growth.
CHS Inc. is a leading global agribusiness owned by farmers, ranchers and cooperatives across the United States. Diversified in energy, grains and foods, CHS is committed to helping its customers, farmer-owners and other stakeholders grow their businesses through its domestic and global operations. CHS supplies energy, crop nutrients, grain marketing services, animal feed, food and food ingredients, along with insurance, financial and risk management services. The company operates petroleum refineries/pipelines and manufactures, markets and distributes Cenex brand refined fuels, lubricants, propane and renewable energy products. CHS is an equal opportunity employer/disability/veteran.
The CHS Talent Acquisition Team supports recruitment for positions within CHS as well as finding opportunities for candidates within our robust network of member cooperatives. By submitting an application for any position, you give CHS permission to review your application and contact you to discuss opportunities within our member cooperatives. To explore current openings within our member cooperatives, please click here.
Effective January 6, 2020, the U.S. Department of Transportation, Federal Motor Carrier Safety Administration (FMCSA) requires employers to conduct a pre-employment verification full query against the newly established License Drug and Alcohol Clearinghouse prior to beginning employment in a position that requires a valid commercial driver's license (CDL). Candidates seeking employment in a position that requires a commercial motor vehicle license must voluntarily enter their information into the FMCSA and must provide disclosure authorization, at the time of offer, to CHS or an authorized third-party agent of CHS to verify information.Minimum Years of Experience Required
CN - Crop Nutrients State/Province
Illinois Minimum Education Required
GED / High School Diploma Employment Status
ACTIVE FULL TIME Career Type
Manufacturing / Operations