Acute Advanced Practice Nurse or Physician Assistant - Nights - Integris BMC Hospitalist
Job Code: 1859
The Advanced Practice Nurse (APN) functions interdependently with the physician to provide services necessary for health promotion, prevention of disease and disability and health maintenance to individuals across the life span. Adheres to National Patient Safety Goals as appropriate based on the level of patient contact this position requires.
All applicants will receive consideration regardless of membership in any protected status as defined by applicable state or federal law, including protected veteran or disability status. INTEGRIS Health is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer.
The Advanced Practice Nurse (APN) responsibilities include, but are not limited to, the following:
* Assesses the health status, illness conditions, response to illness, and health risks of patients
* Operationalizes cost effectiveness and efficiency of provided services by active, on-going review of total cost of care for patients
* Is aware of and assists staff in awareness and understanding of Quality Measures and works collaboratively to continually improve patient outcomes
* Performs emergency procedures necessary to sustain life in any patient threatened by a life or limb endangering emergency
* Assists in the implementation and evaluation of nursing care activities through a continuing process of research and collaboration with various health team disciplines
* Provides patient information regarding self-care instructions, normal anatomy and physiology, personal hygiene, preventative health care
* Collaborates with the physician in the assigned practice setting, attending physicians, nursing and support staff and other members of the health team
* Maintains timely documentation of the patient history and physical examination including normal and abnormal findings
* Serves as a preceptor and clinical instructor for advance practice nursing students in clinical rotations, resident physicians and other health team members
* Additional specific specialty requirements may be identified by service line
The Advanced Practice Nurse (APN) reports to the Director of Research/EBP/Quality/ Advance practice nursing and/or assigned Physician.
Additional reporting may be in place in individual service lines and/or based on organizational structure. See service line specific structures for additional information.
Required Physical Demands (Subject to Reasonable Accommodation):Keyboarding/Dexterity: Occasionally; activity exists up to 1/3 of the time
This position may have additional or varied physical demand and/or respiratory fit test requirements. Please consult the Physical Demands Project SharePoint site or contact Risk Management/Employee Health for additional information.
Constant exposure to contaminating, infectious and communicable diseases including blood borne pathogens. Radiation exposure is present. Exposure to violence in physical threats and attacks from emotionally unstable patient or family members.
* Masters degree from an accredited Clinical Nurse Specialist (CNS) or Nurse Practitioner (NP) Advanced Practice Nursing (APRN) program required
* Current Oklahoma Advanced Practice Nurse license required
* National Certification as an Advanced Practice Nurse (CNS or NP) required
* 3 years registered nurse clinical experience in an acute care setting required
* 1 year experience as a CNS or NP preferred
* Current Healthcare provider BLS certification required
* Current ACLS certification if working with adults required in acute care environments.
* Current PALS certification if working with children required in acute care environments.
* Current NRP certification if working with neonates required
* Must be able to communicate effectively in English (verbal/written)
* Must be credentialed and privileged through the INTEGRIS credentialing process prior to performing advance practice nurse role.
IBMC ED Only:
* 3 years registered nurse clinical experience in family practice setting may be substituted for acute care setting
5 50 Care Coordination Only:
* This job requires incumbents to operate an INTEGRIS owned vehicle OR personal vehicle, (Non-INTEGRIS owned), and therefore must have a current Oklahoma state drivers license as well as a driving record which is acceptable to our insurance carrier.