Kelly Services is currently seeking a R&D Associate I and II in Gaithersburg, MD to work a contract assignment of 9 months for one of our top clients. Kelly is a full service workforce solutions provider to 98% of the Fortune 100™ companies. We provide employment to more than 700,000 people annually and we deal with some of the largest and best companies both nationally and locally.
Primary Responsibilities of the R&D Associate I and II includes:
*Position is a hands-on, laboratory-based role.*
The successful candidate will:
- Develop and characterize downstream processes for the manufacture of biopharmaceuticals (monoclonal antibodies and other proteins) in late stage clinical development through commercial launch.
- Be responsible for a portion of a purification development project.
- Make observations, analyze data and interpret results.
- Maintain accurate records of experimental results, review, analysis, and interpretation of experimental data.
- Make periodic presentations in group meetings, project team meetings, and in one-on-one situations.
- Prepare/review development reports, tech transfer and process validation documents, regulatory submissions.
- Support technology transfer to Clinical/Commercial Manufacturing facilities.
- Proficiency in protein purification principles and methods including (but not limited to) different modes of chromatography, viral removal/inactivation steps and filtration.
- Microsoft Office
- Basic protein chemistry; protein and analytical chemistry, process robustness concepts and process scale-up
- Working knowledge of good laboratory practices
- Purification process design
- Basic analytical techniques for protein products (HPLC analysis, protein quantification methods, electrophoresis; etc.)
- AKTA systems/software
- *Highly team-oriented, energetic, critical thinker. Well organized with attention to detail. Capable of significant multitasking with excellent oral and written communication skills.*
Experience considered a plus:
- Statistical design of experiments (DOE)
- Process scale-up and technology transfer
- cGMP manufacturing principles and environments
- Process validation
- Familiarity with risk assessments and Regulatory submissions (especially BLA)
- Purification of protein-based therapeutics other than antibodies (eg. conjugates, bispecifics, fusion proteins or products produced by microbial systems)
Education and Experience Requirement of the R&D Associate I and II includes:
- R&D Associate I requires a Bachelor's Degree with 0-2 years of relevant industrial experience.
- R&D Associate II requires a Bachelor's Degree with 2-5 years or a Master's Degree with 0-2 years of relevant industrial experience.
- Bachelor's or Master's Degree in Biochemistry, Chemical Engineering, or related field.
- Contract assignment, duration 9 months.
- Work schedule: full-time, first shift.
Kelly Temporary Employee Perks:
- Group medical, prescription, vision, dental, life, and short-term disability insurance options that are available for purchase—and the coverage is portable*
- Service bonus plan and Holiday pay plan, if qualified
- Weekly electronic pay options
- Free online training campus available
- Exclusive online employee community
- Corporate discounts
This position is recruited for by a remote Kelly office, not your local Kelly branch. To be considered for this position you must submit your resume to the Scientific Recruiter listed below:
Please email your resume directly to Sandy at: Sanm174@KellyServices.com [reference BH Job #3352592]
Thank you for your interest in the assignment.
Kelly® Science & Clinical is your connection to premier scientific and clinical companies looking to hire talented people just like you. Every day, we match science professionals with dream jobs that fit their skills and interests-it's the way we think job searching should be. Nearly 100 percent of our science recruiters have a professional background/education in science, so we know a thing or two about the science market and how to get you noticed.
At Kelly, we're always thinking about what's next and advising job seekers on new ways of working to reach their full potential. In fact, we're a leading advocate for temporary/nontraditional workstyles, because we believe they allow flexibility and tremendous growth opportunities that enable a better way to work and live. Connecting great people with great companies is what we do best, and our employment opportunities span a wide variety of workstyles, skill levels, and industries around the world.
Kelly is an equal opportunity employer committed to employing a diverse workforce, including, but not limited to, minorities, females, individuals with disabilities, protected veterans, sexual orientation, gender identity. Equal Employment Opportunity is The Law.