Olympia Federal Savings employees love the places we work and the communities we serve. In addition to a generous benefit package and opportunities for career growth, Oly Fed employees are able to boast about working for an Association with a positive reputation and a proven commitment to our communities. We have been voted as one of the top 10 of the 100 Best Companies to Work For by Seattle Business Magazine in 2019!
Along with Branch Manager, the Assistant Branch Manager is responsible for all branch operations and staff management. Provide a superior level of customer service. Promote the sales and service culture through coaching, training and staff motivation. Achieve individual and branch goals by using business development, referrals and account retention skills. Demonstrate leadership, training and effective supervision skills daily. Responsible for carrying out branch expectations and Association business plan objectives.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
* Responsible for staff management including coaching, training, communication, staffing, performance reviews and coordinating all branch meetings and activities.
* Responsible for branch operations including sales, customer service, security, compliance and other procedural issues as necessary.
* Ensure accuracy and customer satisfaction for all customer accounts and customer service inquires. May assist in the administration of Individual Retirement Accounts
* Responsible for all branch safety, security and compliance including vault operations, cash management, safe deposit boxes, opening and closing procedures, Bank Secrecy/Anti Money Laundering program, testing branch security tools, and assuring dual control is maintained on all negotiable instrument stock within the branch.
* Conduct and prepare reoccurring branch audits and reports.
* Perform duties of CSR (teller) and Savings Counselor (new accounts) as required.
* Cross-sell Association products and services.
* Participate in Association and community activities to facilitate growth of the deposit and loan base.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITY REQUIREMENTS:
* Lead by example and project a professional, business-like image.
* Have excellent public and customer relations skills to effectively communicate with internal and external customers, determine their needs, maintain their confidence and goodwill, and establish and maintain effective relationships.
* Requires a thorough understanding of banking regulations and Association policies and procedures with demonstrated ability to quickly and independently interpret and apply policies and regulations.
* Must have organizational skills and composure at all times, even in under pressure situations. Requires flexibility and adaptability to prioritize a fluctuating workload in a fast-paced, customer-driven environment.
* Ability to utilize a variety of analytical techniques and exercise independent judgment to solve problems and identify strategies to solve complex customer transactions.
* Exercise customer confidentiality and discretionary judgment.
* Requires the ability to work all branch hours and represent the Association at events that may be outside normal operating hours.
* Requires exceptional written and verbal communication skills including the ability to clearly communicate and explain complex banking regulations and documents.
* Requires proficiency in basic computer programs including Microsoft Office and Adobe with the ability to learn new software.
* Ability to read, write, speak and understand English well. Arithmetic ability to perform basic calculations involving the use of decimals and percentages.
* Maintain a working knowledge of applicable Association Policies and Federal Regulations including, but not limited to, Bank Secrecy Act, Customer Identification Program, Office of Foreign Assets Control, Privacy, Rights to Financial Privacy, Community Reinvestment Act, Truth In Savings and The Security Program.
* Normally requires a B.A. degree in Business Administration or equivalent experience and training in a related field; supplemented by completion of appropriate courses as offered by the Association, Washington Bankers Association (WBA) and the American Bankers Association (ABA).
* Requires 2-4 years' experience in the financial industry or a related field with at least one year of teller and new accounts experience.
* Previous management experience in a financial services or customer service environment is preferred.
* Prior customer service and cash handling experience required.
* Must be bondable.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS & WORK ENVIRONMENT/CONDITIONS:
Duties are performed in usual office conditions. Ability to operate standard office equipment including personal computer, standard keyboard, 10-key calculator and work a standard shift with repetitive wrist and hand movements. Ability to talk and hear. Ability to stand or sit for extended periods of time. Occasionally lift, move or carry items up to 15 lbs. Ability to concentrate on the matter at hand, under sometimes distracting work conditions. Requires manual dexterity and handling ability. Use hands and arms to finger, handle, grab and reach. Specific vision abilities including close vision and the ability to adjust focus. Work may involve eye strain due to constant use of computer screens. Occasional walking, kneeling, stooping, crouching, and bending. Ability to be mobile office-wide for various business needs.
The statements contained herein reflect general details as necessary to describe the principal functions of this job, the level of knowledge, skills and abilities typically required, and the scope of responsibility, but should not be considered an all-inclusive listing of work requirements. Individuals may perform other duties as assigned, including work in other functional areas to cover absences or relief, to equalize peak work periods or otherwise to balance the workload. The physical demands and work environment and conditions described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Pay range: $46,862 to $70,283 per year
Olympia Federal Savings is an Equal Opportunity Employer and affirmative action employer. EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability
If you require a reasonable accommodation to complete the application process, please contact Human Resources at 360-754-3400.
Olympia Federal Savings is an Equal Opportunity Employer and an affirmative action employer. EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability