Orkin, THE LEADER in the pest control industry, is seeking a dynamic Operations Manager Trainee who understands that a HIGH-PERFORMANCE CULTURE of revenue growth, profitability, and customer satisfaction, is dependent upon a healthy employee culture. If you love leading others, running a business, and serving your community, then you will want to be a part of our Winning Tradition.
The Operations Manager Trainee will learn the industry and lead a team whose passion is to deliver exceptional service and expertise for families and businesses alike. As an operational and sales leader, you will be responsible for the overall management of the branch, including, P & L management, branch revenue/sales, and overall operations. Previous service management or operations experience in a route based or service-oriented business is preferred. (I.e. package delivery, beverage, uniform, or vending services; pest control, lawn care or construction) Other types of management experience may be considered. We seek individuals who are creative thinkers with an emphasis on building teams and long term, profitable relationships.
We have a GREAT story to tell and we will provide you the opportunity to lead others and GROW YOUR CAREER and doing what trained, experienced leaders do BEST...expand their team's career growth!
The ability to relocate to an open branch location within the region after 12 to18 months of operational management training is required.
As a trained strategic leader, the OPERATIONS MANAGEMENT TRAINEE will:
* Assume leadership of an entire service operation upon completion of operational management training
* Manage profit and loss (P&L) statement while balancing expense margins
* Provide sales management and leadership, generate sales, develop new business, coaching, & motivating teams
* Lead & motivate the service team to consistently provide first-in-class service to safeguard homes, businesses, & brands
* Ensure customer expectations are achieved through inspections and evaluations while providing outstanding customer service every time
* Provide highly skilled "hands-on" management
* Exhibit leadership skills, with a strong focus on customer and employee interaction
* Assist with succession planning, build teams, recruit top talent, train & cultivate high performers to enable future success within the organization
* Train and develop technicians
* Monitor scheduling, routing, and inventory to drive efficiencies and productivity
* Communicate effectively & have the ability to multi-task in a fast-paced environment
Here is what we have to offer:
* Competitive compensation package with upward earnings potential (upon assignment to branch)
* Company Vehicle & Gas Card
* Industry-leading, comprehensive paid training programs; opportunity to obtain required state licensing
* Comprehensive benefit package
+ Medical, dental, vision, 401K, stock purchase, and more!
* Paid Time Off (Holiday/Vacation/Sick)
* Employee discounts, tuition reimbursement, dependent scholarship awards
* Continuous career development and opportunities for Growth, Development, and Advancement
APPLY TODAY for IMMEDIATE CONSIDERATION!
Requirements: We require a good driving record and the ability to pass a drug screen. Candidates must meet physical job requirements and safely perform the following job duties with or without accommodations:
* Safely use a ladder within the manufacturer's weight capacity
* Lift and carry up to 50 lbs.
* Safely access crawl spaces, attics, confined spaces, rooftops, etc.
* Ability to work in all types of weather conditions
Additional context: competitive earnings, career, regional, region, management, military, leadership development program, operations leadership, manager trainee, general manager, service, construction, lawn, route, field, delivery, uniform, warehouse, retail, restaurant, hotel, hospitality, management trainee
* 3 year(s): P&L responsibility experience and an acute understanding of expense control strategies
* 5 year(s): Demonstrated customer relations experience
* 3 year(s): Mentoring, coaching, motivating and training
* 2 year(s): Sales experience and/or sales management experience
* 3 year(s): Operations or sales management experience with a results-driven company
* 2 year(s): Route-oriented service industry or recurring revenue business experience
* Bachelors or better
Licenses & Certifications
* Driver License
* Results Oriented
* Problem Solving Ability
* Customer Service
* Business Development
* Leader: Inspires teammates to follow them
* Detail Oriented: Capable of carrying out a given task with all details necessary to get the task done well
* Dedicated: Devoted to a task or purpose with loyalty or integrity
* Team Player: Works well as a member of a group
* Loyal: Shows firm and constant support to a cause
* Financial: Inspired to perform well by monetary reimbursement
* Goal Completion: Inspired to perform well by the completion of tasks
* Self-Starter: Inspired to perform without outside help
* Job Security: Inspired to perform well by the knowledge that your job is safe
* Entrepreneurial Spirit: Inspired to perform well by an ability to drive new ventures within the business
* Ability to Make an Impact: Inspired to perform well by the ability to contribute to the success of a project or the organization
* Growth Opportunities: Inspired to perform well by the chance to take on more responsibility
The contractor will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor's legal duty to furnish information. 41 CFR 60-1.35(c)
Equal Opportunity Employer-minorities/females/veterans/individuals with disabilities/sexual orientation/gender identity