As a primary contact for Safeway customers, the Starbucks Department Manager provides friendly, courteous, and helpful service. The Starbucks Department Manager is held accountable for the department's results in providing superior service, increasing sales, improving gain, and containing costs. Follows division guidelines for the implementation of the merchandising program. Changes signs and prices as directed by merchandising. Responsible for maintaining appropriate stock and inventory. Writes order in the order guidebook and enters into computer. Checks order for completeness upon arrival. Trains, supervises, schedules, and assigns duties to barista clerks. Brews coffee and tea, using coffee urns, drip or vacuum coffee makers, teapots, drink mixers, and other kitchen equipment. Performs various duties to assist in filling customers orders. Cleans and polishes utensils and equipment used in beverage preparation. Serves coffee. Operates cash register to accept payment and make change.
Safeway Starbucks Department Manager employees are generally responsible for completing the following job duties:
1. Provide customer service as currently defined by the employer within the scope of the position and within company policy.
2. Speak with customers to resolve problems with sales, dissatisfaction of service, or other problems related to the operation of the department.
3. Train, schedule, and supervise barista workers to ensure optimum staffing patterns for the department.
4. Provide financial reporting to Store Manager and Field Supervisor.
5. Ensure product quality.
6. Change signs and prices as directed by merchandising.
7. Write order in the order guidebook and enter into computer. Check order for completeness upon arrival.
8. Brew coffee, tea and chocolate.
9. Operate electronic cash register to total customers' final bill. Receive payment for customer purchase and count back correct change.
10. Maintain cleanliness of coffee service area of the store.
11. Sets up and maintains displays in coffee area.
12. Replace stock in preparation area from supply area.
13. Other duties as assigned.
JOB RELATED QUALIFICATIONS:
1. Ability to follow company customer service procedures. Demonstrated prior customer service skills or related experience.
2. Ability to interact with customers and co-workers.
3. Ability to understand and follow directions.
4. Desired: Prior management experience.