Position Purpose: Performs all frozen food responsibilities while working with and reporting to the Grocery Manager.
Key Responsibilities & Accountabilities:
- Assists the Grocery Manager in directing the operation of the frozen food department, including supervising and training personnel. Maintains the quality condition of all frozen grocery products, stocks, rotates and faces products, discards out of code and spoiled products and maintains backroom. Cleans and maintains shelves.
- Assists in ordering, receiving, storing, stocking, inventory control, and building displays.
- Encourages and maintains an atmosphere of enthusiastic customer awareness with an emphasis on safe, friendly, and courteous service. Engages in suggestive selling and other sales techniques.
- Assists the Grocery Manager in planning, organizing regular and seasonal merchandise requirements and special sales needs.
- Rotates and faces product; processes and discards outdated and spoiled products. Cleans and dusts shelves.
- Orders frozen merchandise
- Trains, teaches and coaches dairy stocking and conditioning standards
- Assists with the "dry grocery" order writing
- Assists with grocery stocking and conditioning
- Works on new items
- Assists with the reclamation process
- Manages backroom inventory, conditions and standards
- Assists with grocery department merchandising and building displays.
Skills and Physical Requirements:
- Requires strong written and oral communication skills, good leadership and interpersonal skills, and the ability to maintain composure in dealing with customers, vendors and co-workers.
- Friendly, courteous, takes initiative, and maintains composure in dealing with customers, co-workers and vendors as well as having the ability to concentrate and deal with interruptions and customer complaints, etc. Interacts effectively with all levels of personnel, customers, vendors and the public.
- Frequently reaches, lifts, stacks and maneuvers objects of varying dimensions and weights up to approximately 80 lbs., within the range of floor level to overhead. Ability to push and pull fully loaded hand trucks, six-wheel carts and pallet jacks.
- Ability to stand, walk, and move rapidly for long periods of time, and bend, stoop, twist and turn frequently. May claim ladders.
- Mental alertness is required for safe, accurate completion of work activities and to do repetitious work accurately.
- Requires knowledge of basic mathematics, ability to learn inventory control, pricing, merchandising, and shipping and receiving procedures.
- May utilize cleaning supplies and chemicals from time to time.
- Requires the ability to judge and react to business activity.
- Complies with all Company policies including attendance, grooming standards and dress codes.
- Exposure to cleaning chemicals.
- Frequent exposure to temperature of 35˚ Fahrenheit while handling product in a cold case, 28˚ Fahrenheit in a cooler and -20˚ Fahrenheit in a freezer.
- Working conditions consist of a temperature controlled store environment. Exposure to varying temperatures while working in the loading and receiving area. Occasional exposure to outdoor environment with varying temperatures.
Posting ID: 522872037Posted: 2020-07-14