Hawthorn is now seeking a Director of Sales - LS/ES to join our team at the Hawthorn Suites Wyndham Omaha location in Omaha, Nebraska.
The Director of Sales is responsible all sales-related activities, including direct sales efforts, follow-up and proper sales administration. He/she is also responsible for growing existing accounts and generating new business to ensure that Room revenues meet or exceed budget in order to maximize revenue and profits, and to improve the hotel’s performance in the marketplace.
Education & Experience
- At least 6 years of progressive hotel sales experience; or a 4-year college degree and at least 3 years of related experience; or a 2-year college degree and at least 5 years of hotel sales experience.
- Supervisory experience required.
- Must have a driver’s license in the applicable state.
- Must be proficient in Windows, Company approved spreadsheets and word processing.
- Long hours sometimes required.
- Light work - Exerting up to 20 pounds of force occasionally, and/or up to 10 pounds of force frequently or constantly to lift, carry, push, pull or otherwise move objects.
- Must be able to effectively communicate both verbally and written with all level of employees and guests in an attentive, friendly, courteous and service oriented manner.
- Must be effective at listening to, understanding, and clarifying concerns raised by employees and guests.
- Must be able to multitask and prioritize departmental functions to meet deadlines.
- Approach all encounters with guests and employees in an attentive, friendly, courteous and service-oriented manner.
- Maintain regular attendance in compliance with Wyndham Hotel Group Standards, as required by scheduling, which will vary according to the needs of the hotel.
- Maintain high standards of personal appearance and grooming, which include wearing nametags.
- Comply with Wyndham Hotel Group Standards and regulations to encourage safe and efficient hotel operations.
- Maximize efforts towards productivity, identify problem areas and assist in implementing solutions.
- Must be effective in handling problems, including anticipating, preventing, identifying and solving problems as necessary.
- Must be able to understand and evaluate complex information, data, etc. from various sources to meet appropriate objectives.
- Must be able to maintain confidentiality of information.
- Perform other duties as requested by management.
- Supervise, administer and ensure timely completion of all activities of the Sales Department.
- Develop a full working knowledge of the operations of the hotel, Guest Services and Reservations.
- Develop a complete knowledge of company sales policies and SOP’s, and ensure knowledge of and adherence to those policies by the sales team.
- Develop and maintain market awareness to ensure ability to predict revenue opportunities and set proactive strategies.
- Meet or exceed set goals
- Operate the Sales Department within established sales expense budget.
- Participate in required M.O.D.
- Coordinate group and transient bookings to maximize profits.
- Initiate and follow up on leads.
- Maintain and participate in an active sales solicitation program.
- Monitor production of all accounts and evaluate trends within your market.
- Coordinate all non-group transient sales solicitations to maximize overall profits.
- Assist in the preparation of required reports in a timely manner.
- Be familiar with all Wyndham sales policies and selling techniques with an emphasis on maximizing occupancy, Average Daily Rate (ADR).
- Review meeting planner evaluations as received to ensure that any problems are rectified.
- Conduct a professional, thorough site inspection of the hotel with clients, exhibiting key features and benefits of the property.
- Develop strategies to increase share from competitors when the hotel revenue penetration goals are not being met.
- Use your property’s computerized sales management system to manage the hotel’s business, including (but not limited to) generating reports, entering business, blocking space and building accounts.
- Coordinate the preparation of complete and accurate end-of-month reports, according to Wyndham SOP’s.
- Coordinate preparation of the annual revenue budget.
- Coordinate preparation of the annual Marketing Plan.
- Coordinate and direct preparation of the monthly Rooms revenue reforecast for the current and upcoming months and assist in ensuring accuracy within 5% margin of error.
- Meet and greet onsite contacts.
- Abide by Prime Selling Time (PST) and ensure that the Sales Team does the same.
- Understand all GDS systems.
- Understand ISIS.
- Understand loading rates into ISIS/GDS.
- Develop networking opportunities through active participation in community and professional associations activities and events
- Entertain clients.
- React to negative trends in the market place by implementing blitzes or promotions.
- Handle inquiries as part of Inquiry Day Program.
Wyndham Hotels & Resorts is the largest hotel franchisor in the world and a leading hotel management company. We stand 20 brands strong across 9,000 hotels in more than 80 countries, and we offer the most diverse collection of hotel experiences in the world. Our iconic brands, united by the richest and simplest rewards program in the business, make hotel travel possible for all.
Our hotel owners are the stewards of our brands, and together, we champion everyday travelers. We believe guests deserve great experiences, and our robust portfolio-distinguished by our leading economy and midscale brands-delivers just that.
We are AmericInn® by Wyndham, Baymont® by Wyndham, Days Inn® by Wyndham, Dazzler® by Wyndham, Dolce Hotels and Resorts® by Wyndham, Esplendor® Boutique Hotels by Wyndham, Hawthorn Suites by Wyndham®, Howard Johnson® by Wyndham, La Quinta® Inns & Suites, Microtel by Wyndham®, Ramada Encore by Wyndham, Ramada Worldwide® by Wyndham, Super 8® by Wyndham, The Trademark Collection® by Wyndham, Travelodge® by Wyndham, TRYP by Wyndham®, Wingate by Wyndham®, Wyndham Garden®, Wyndham Grand® and Wyndham Hotels and Resorts®.
Headquartered in Parsippany, N.J. with offices around the globe in London, Shanghai, Buenos Aires, Dubai and more, Wyndham Hotels & Resorts employs approximately 15,000 team members worldwide.
Our Company is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer.
Job Location: Hawthorn Suites Wyndham Omaha, 360 S 108th Ave, Omaha, Nebraska 68154
Employment Status: Full-time