Team Car Care dba Jiffy Lube is the largest Jiffy Lube franchise in the system. We are always looking for bright and driven people who want to be an integral part of making us the most trusted car care company in America. If you are interested in challenging work, being part of a national team, and solving complex problems, then Team Car Care is right for you!
We deliver peace of mind for our guests who allow us to care for one of their most valuable possessions, their vehicle. Therefore, our people differentiate us from our competitors.
As a Multi Care Mechanic, you will be required to have: National Institute of Automotive Service Excellence (ASE) certification in: A5 - Brakes Certification Automotive Service Excellence (ASE) certification(s) in: Engine performance. The Multi Care Mechanic will be responsible for servicing our guests’ vehicles, ensuring quality workmanship in a fast-paced environment. A Mechanic must have his or her own tools. A Multi Care Mechanic’s (MM) responsibilities may also include but not limited to:
Primary Duties/Essential Function:
- Perform repairs and overhauls in all car and light truck systems.
- Ability to use our computer system to provide estimates for parts and labor.
- Road-test vehicles (before/after) to ensure all work it completed up to standard.
- Secondary duties may include performing any/all ancillary services such as:
- Transmission and Radiator Services
- Oil changes
- Fuel filter replacement
- Fuel system cleaning
- Tire rotation
- Belts and Hose replacement
- Assist with vehicle inspection, Report on Condition (ROC)
- Provide training and supervision to the store’s apprentice teammates.
- Maintain a clean, organized and safe work enjoyment. This also means keeping all tools organized and secured consistently.
- Comply with all company policies and procedures such as:
- Inventory Process
- Communicates directly with store leadership teammates along with customer service advisors regarding the status of the service work. Explain, in detail the scope of the work to our guests.
- Assist at other locations if needed.
- Must be able to perform complete disc or drum brake service including, but not limited to replacing all braking components as well as performing full brake flushes.
- Must be knowledgeable and understand the full mechanics of the braking system. Also be able to explain the brake servicing process and answer all guest questions.
- Must be able to diagnose and pinpoint issues in the braking system.
- Must be able to diagnose the following key components and potentially make any/all necessary repairs:
- Engine Performance
- Suspension and Steering
- Heating and Air Conditioning
- Must be able to demonstrate strong communication skills. You will be in consistent communication to store leadership teammates, fellow store teammates, vendors and guests.
- Continuously has the desire to learn new technical information and techniques.
- Adhere to Living our Values: Respect, Integrity, Trust, Teamwork, and Excellence.
- Demonstrates a positive approach and friendly style to our guests, vendors, and leadership and fellow teammates.
- 1-3 years of automotive experience.
- 1-2 years of experience working on brake systems.
- National Institute of Automotive Service Excellence (ASE) certification in: A5 - Brakes Certification
- Automotive Service Excellence (ASE) certification(s) in: Engine performance, Suspension & Steering, Electrical Systems, and Heating & Air Conditioning preferred.
- Automotive technical or trade school degree a plus.
- High School Diploma or equivalent preferred but not required.
- Must have and maintain a valid driver’s license during employment with a clean driving record.
- Must be able to lift 50 pounds
- Must be able to push, pull, pull up, and bend at the knees and waist. Also twist body at the waist, raise and hold arms overhead, turn head-neck-shoulders as needed, grasp and hold tools and other items with hands.
- Must be able to work in a non- climate controlled environment
At Team Car Care, our company culture is guided by our values which include, integrity, trust, excellence and respect.
Team Car Care we don’t just accept differences- we RESPECT, we celebrate it, and we thrive with EXCELLENCE around it for the benefit of our employees. TCC is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to the belief that everyone is entitled to equal employment opportunity.
Posting ID: 558447548Posted: 2020-07-20