Join Sodexo's growing team of skilled environmental services workers. We are searching for people who want to make a positive impact in people's lives. Environmental services are one of the most crucial areas in healthcare that is in need of dedicated people that are detail orientated, can manage time productively, and are genuinely friendly and willing to work. These positions are critical to the excellent patient care provided by our client, Nebraska Medicine. Sodexo's mission: Service spirit, Team Spirit and Spirit of Progress are the driving force for our Environmental services staff to provide quality services that create an on-going value for all those we serve. Sodexo's Healthcare services believes that "Patients are at the heart of everything we do", and we are searching for those dedicated candidates to help us provide clean, sanitized areas for patients, guests and staff of Nebraska Medicine.
We are currently hiring for Patient Area Housekeeper at Nebraska Medicine main campus. This position would be a full-time position and would be based at the #1 Ranked hospital in Nebraska, Nebraska Medicine. The main campus is conveniently located on the bus line. Pay range is $13.00-$18.00/hour and based on experience.
The ideal candidate will have prior experience, high school diploma or GED, age requirement of 18 or older, good working knowledge, must be able to work in a fast-paced environment, maintain high standards (sanitation), positive attitude and the willingness to be open to learning and growing in the industry.
Benefits include medical/dental/401k, FREE Metro Area Transit privileges, FREE work out facilities, employee discounts, as well as the opportunity to develop and grow your career with Sodexo.
*Position requires working rotating weekends and holidays*
Sodexo, as the world's 19th largest employer, puts its employees at the heart of the company. Sodexo was founded in 1966 and is now the worldwide leader in Quality of Life services. For over 50 years, we have developed unique expertise, backed by nearly 470,000 employees in 67 countries.
Based on passion and experience, let us find the right fit for you in one of the many opportunities Sodexo Environmental services has to offer.
Sodexo - Quality of Life Services
The Floor Technician may work in any location on client premises. This individual cleans and maintains floors, carpets and hard surfaces in facilities or locations in the areas of commercial, health care, schools, universities or other establishments. The general responsibilities of the position include those listed below, but Sodexo may identify other responsibilities of the position. These responsibilities may differ among accounts, depending on business necessities and client requirements, and industry requirements.
- Maintains floor surfaces and stairwells, including, but not limited to the following:
- Sweeps, mops, buffs, polishes, scrubs, strips and refinishes hard-surface floors using heavy equipment;
- Vacuums, spot cleans and extracts carpeted floor surfaces;
- at healthcare facilities, educational facilities, manufacturing spaces, production areas, athletic facilities, office buildings, or similar buildings.
- Notifies supervisor concerning any need for any maintenance repairs or additions observed.
- Performs routine operational maintenance of cleaning equipment per manufacturer specifications.
- May clean furniture.
- May empty trash, linen, and garbage containers.
- May handle hazardous waste in accordance with government regulations and Sodexo standards.
- May wash walls and maintain baseboards and cove base molding.
- May assist in training other employees.
- May participate in the maintenance of wood floors, such as in Gymnasiums or Dance Studios, to include cleaning, screening, stripping, sanding and refinishing.
- May participate in snow and ice management and removal duties, including the operation of snow removal equipment
- Complies with all company safety and risk management policies and procedures.
- Reports all accidents and injuries in a timely manner.
- Participates in regular safety meetings, safety training and hazard assessments.
- Applies all applicable OSHA and related local safety requirements to all assigned work.
- Performs all work in accordance with established safety procedures.
- Attends training programs (classroom and virtual) as designated.
- May perform other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
- May drive golf carts, or other vehicles.
- May assist in inventorying floor care products.
- Willingness to be open to learning and growing.
- Maturity of judgment and behavior.
- Maintains high standards for work areas and appearance.
- Attends work and shows up for scheduled shift on time with satisfactory regularity in light of Sodexo time and attendance policies and/or client operating hours.
- Ability to work a flexible schedule.
- Must comply with any dress code requirements.
- Must be able to work nights, weekends and some holidays.
- High School diploma, GED or equivalent experience.
- 12 months of related work experience preferred.
- Experience in all phases of floor and carpet care preferred.
- Knowledge of cleaning agents, equipment and methods of soil removal.
- Ability to present self in a highly professional manner to others and understands that honesty and ethics are essential.
- Ability to maintain a positive attitude.
- Ability to communicate with co-workers and other departments with professionalism and respect.
- Ability to maintain a professional relationship with all coworkers, vendor representatives, supervisors, managers, customers and client representatives.
- Ability to provide clear directions and respond accordingly to employees.
- Ability to use relevant electronic devices.
- Knowledge of and proficiency in all OSHA and local requirements related to all assigned work.
- Close vision, distance vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and the ability to adjust focus, with or without corrective lenses.
- Significant walking or other means of mobility.
- Ability to work in a standing position for long periods of time (up to 8 hours).
- Ability to reach, bend, stoop, push and/or pull, and frequently lift up to 35 pounds and occasionally lift/move 40 pounds.
Working Conditions (may add additional conditions specific to defined work location):
- Generally in an indoor setting; however, may participate in in outside activities and events.
- Varying schedule to include evenings, holidays, weekends and extended hours as business dictates.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is primarily in a controlled, temperate environment; however, may be exposed to heat/cold during support of outside activities.
- The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate to loud.
- Wears protective clothing and/or Personal Protective Equipment required by the work environment or governmental regulations.
- Will be exposed to various cleaning chemicals.
Sodexo is an EEO/AA/Minority/Female/Disability/Veteran employer.