Commercial Construction Project Manager
DiMarco Constructors, LLC
Summary: Responsible for customer relations and project development, project oversight and monitoring, and business development. Acts as corporate manager of customer relations by performing the following duties personally or through other operations team members. Performs diverse and advanced managerial duties as directed.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
Customer Relations and Development
- Establishes and maintains a collaborative client relationship by managing customer expectations.
- Maintain existing customer satisfaction. Thoroughly and proactively communicates. Follows through and provides feedback as necessary.
- Contract management and knowledge.
- Improve upon customer needs and insure compliance with customer requirements.
Project Oversight and Monitoring
- Leads coordination of projects with Estimating, Information Management/Accounting, and Construction.
- Responsible for issue escalation to all members of project team.
- Direct and manage pre-construction and budget development.
- Pre-construction responsibilities
- Go/No Go discussion with VP’s and President to determine viable opportunity.
- Meet with Estimating Manager to determine bid packages/scope of project.
- Monitor bid responses (72-48-24 hours) and determine what additional coverage is needed.
- Lead bid day operations to prepare final proposals. Proposals reviewed with President and VP of Estimating prior to submission.
- Communicate with client to determine if questions and or additional information required for the bid/award.
- Award responsibilities
- Review owner contract/ S.O.V for completeness with bid documents.
- Review Exhibit #1 against owner contract prior to VP’s initials.
- Exhibit #1 prepared by Estimating staff
- Review Exhibit’s #2 and #3 prior to PM initials.
- Exhibit’s #2 and #3 prepared by Estimating staff.
- Review Exhibit #4 prior to PM initials.
- Exhibit #4 prepared by Contract Administrator.
- Review subcontracts status, pursue signed contracts returned to the office prior to subs on site.
- Works with Vice President of Field Operations on staffing for projects assigned. Communicates training and development to VP of Field Operations.
- Communicates schedule impacts or delays to owner (as necessary)
- Conducts biweekly meetings with Owner(s) and Architect(s) to review progress, submittals, RFI’s, schedule review, percent complete, budget, design, meeting minutes, changes to the owners contract, monthly owners pay application, close out documents, as built drawings, purchase orders, punch lists, any deviations.
- Perform job site visits/actively participate in customer interaction.
- Monitor job process and movement throughout the stages of Pre-Construction, Construction, Close Out, and Warranty phases.
- Review job costing with Vice President of Finance 30, 60, 90 days in and bi-weekly until 90, 60, 30 days to completion.
- Ensure we are giving the customer what they paid for while meeting or exceeding profitability projections.
- Responsible for communicating finding/observation of unsatisfactory risk management practices and safety policies/procedures on projects.
- Responsible for general leadership of project teams. Communicate needs for training and development.
- Working with information management team and field personnel for their oversight of daily logs, weekly safety meetings, delivery tickets and receipts, weekly project photo’s, time cards, vendor invoices and subcontractors pay applications, badging systems, deviations, change issue’s and equipment checklist.
Bachelor's degree (B.S.) and at least five years related experience in a construction environment. Requires an understanding of the job process and the stages of construction. The individual must have superior organization skills, the ability to multi-task and be flexible. This position requires an individual with experience in delivering strong customer service. Travel is a requirement for this role.
The individual must have the ability to carry out major assignments that directly relate and impact the operations of the business. The individual must have the ability to function independently to interpret and implement policy and procedures in this role.
Ability to read and interpret documents such as budgets, payment requisitions, tax documents, contracts, and policy and procedure manuals. Ability to write reports and correspondence. Must possess strong verbal and written communication skills. Ability to speak effectively before groups of customers and/or employees of organization.
Position requires the individual to exercise discretion and independent judgment in carrying out the responsibilities of the position. Individual must have the ability to deal with problems involving several concrete variables.
To perform this job successfully, an individual should have knowledge of Microsoft Office, ProCore, Bluebeam, CMIC, Spreadsheet software; Project Management software.
Posting ID: 570506621Posted: 2020-10-30