Ajinomoto Foods North America, Inc.
2020-2960# of Openings
Supply ChainJob Type
Working under the principles of empowerment, execute against broad department objectives within the context of category management, "the 5 rights of procurement", and strategic sourcing principles. Responsibilities
- Responsible for reconciling contracts against demand, including root cause analysis.
- Responsible for aging inventory review and disposition
- Category responsibility for contract management, data accuracy, balance reconciliation, PPV, and supplier conformance to T's & C's.
- Coordinate/execute cross-functional project management to drive efficiency, optimize suppliers and SKU's, drive process improvement.
- Drive cost reduction in assigned category(ies), utilizing a multi-functional, team approach.
- Represent procurement team, and commit if/as appropriate in all cross-functional meetings.
- Assist in the budget process, raw and packaging material standards review and budget preparation
- Be adept at crisis management and have excellent multi-tasking skills when issues arise involving any of the materials used in production at plants.
- Act as a key category contact for all plant personnel
- Assist R & D in new material procurement and transferring raw and packaging materials from plant to plant as formulas and production are shifted
- Responsible for supplier maintenance, offering, and capabilities in mainframe systems
- Bachelor's degree in Business, Food Science, Materials or related field, or equivalent experience
- C.P.M. / C.P.S.M. is beneficial
- Food industry experience preferred
- Demonstrated proficiency in strategic sourcing, supply assurance, MRP, negotiations, and contract management.
- Strong math skills, particularly probability and statistical inference
- Ability to deal with a variety of abstract and concrete variables
- Must be able to multi-task in a very fast paced environment, clearly communicate, and be decisive with a sense of urgency
- Experience with coordinating efforts of multi-site environment
- Working knowledge of purchasing concepts, such as order cycles, expediting, reconciling
- Working knowledge of Supply Chain principles, such as T & W, cycle counting
- Accounting and finance terms and needs as it relates to purchasing functions
- Ability to work in/on cross-functional teams
- Strong written, oral, and presentation skills
- Ability to utilize computer tools (spreadsheet, database mgmt., word processing) effectively
Posting ID: 566014076Posted: 2020-08-03