At Dorian Place Assisted Living, we don’t just help our residents, we also help their families by offering them the peace of mind that we’re taking care of their husband, wife, mother or father and treating them with the respect and dignity they deserve. To us, our community embodies so much more than independent living, assisted living or memory care services, it’s a culture of caring, empathy, and compassion. When it comes to our residents, the things that matter to us are the same things that matter to you.
Now Hiring (FT/PT) Cook!
This position works under the Director, Food Service and supports all activities of the Food Service Department and Dining Room. The position is responsible for quality of meals served, quality of service delivery during meal service, and for compliance with special diets offered by the community.
- Support the Director, Food Service with planning, directing, controlling, communicating, and coaching in the Food Service Department.
- Respond to resident likes and dislikes maintaining high resident satisfaction. Ensure that all foods are prepared to satisfaction of residents and in accordance with safe food handling practices.
- Maintain food temperatures and time controls during storage, production, and serving according to required food safety standards.
- Circulate in the dining room to ascertain resident preferences and satisfaction with meals.
- Maintain a clean kitchen and dining area.
- Foster teamwork with co-workers, show initiative in overcoming obstacles, take actions to assist others beyond job responsibilities, and have a positive impact on co-workers, residents, and visitors.
- Perform other duties as assigned or needed.
- Must have compassion for and desire to work with seniors!
- High School Diploma or equivalent required.
- Minimum one year of experience in food service required. Minimum three years’ experience in food service preferred.
- Obtain Food Handlers Permit (as required by state regulation).
- Strong written and verbal communication skills, personnel skills, and community relations skills are essential.
- Must be able to pass a criminal background check and drug test.
Apply with your resume TODAY to schedule your interview for this exciting opportunity! **Please DO NOT include the date of your graduation, if applicable on your resume or application. Thank you!**
Posting ID: 606142427Posted: 2021-02-12