Adventist Health is more than an award-winning health system. We provide whole-person care to our communities and champion the greater good - from the operating room to the boardroom, we are driven by our unique passion to live God's love through health, wholeness and hope. From Oregon to Oahu, we have a calling to always do more. Now is your chance to apply your passion to our mission.
We're looking for someone to join our team as a Patient Care Coordinator who:
Facilitates patient admissions are appropriate. Ensures the needs of patients and staff are met. Acts as liaison between staff and patients regarding scheduled visits. Performs a variety of admitting/receptionist/ clerical duties to facilitate the efficient processing and scheduling of patients for the department. Facilitates day-to-day business operations. Essential Functions:
- Answers phone, takes messages and directs call to the appropriate person. Admits patients into clinic. Pulls charts, processes encounter forms, verifies insurance and patient information in computer. Makes appropriate updates, copies/scans insurance information for clinic registration. Prepares charts with appropriate forms necessary to complete the visit. Prepares and completes referrals for patients, obtaining authorizations, and assisting patients and physicians with referral coordination.
- Completes and forwards all required information, charts, records, documents and/or films as requested. Requests previous patient records from medical records as needed. Maintains department records, reports, statistics. Performs filing activities for department. Orders and maintains an adequate inventory of all office supplies and equipment. Identifies current status of patient's insurance, as well as range of benefits. Identifies and collects co-payments and limits of services for all patients.
- Provides appropriate forms to billing and other departments. Assists with maintenance of hospital forms. Performs various confidential clerical duties including, but not limited to data entry, obtaining patient's signature for needed documents and/or consents forms, filing and answering phones. Helps schedule patient appointments. Obtains all necessary billing, insurance and other demographic information.
- Informs patients of any preparations needed for examination, and reminds them of their preparations at time of appointment confirmation. Obtains all necessary billing, insurance and other demographic information. Digitizes films from prior studies. Receives payment from attorneys for copying films or creating CDs. Coordinates the storage of films in the assigned storage area. Assists in scheduling appointments and making reservations for departmental needs such as classes, programs and in-services.
- Keeps waiting rooms neat, clean and organized. Communicates with those waiting. Monitors panels for alarms and reports to appropriate department. Provides coverage and/or assistance when necessary to maintain quality standards of the department. Compiles information for reports, manuals, handouts and meetings as needed.
- Performs other job-related duties as assigned.
You'll be successful with the following qualifications: Education:
- High School Education/GED or equivalent: Preferred
- Associate's / Technical Degree in business, healthcare or computer science or equivalent combination of education/related experience: Preferred
- Medical office training and/or experience: Preferred
Posting ID: 593066619Posted: 2020-12-15