Boeing Defense, Space and Security is seeking an Experienced Guidance, Navigation and Control (GN&C) Engineer to provide support to X-37B and other programs. Activities include GN&C design, analysis, verification and testing for atmospheric flight and space environments. This position is located in Seal Beach, CA.
- GN&C navigation design & analysis, navigation hardware, Kalman filters
- Linear and Non-Linear control analysis
- Flight Stability & Control
- GN&C pointing
- GN&C software development
GN&C Integration & Testing
- Guidance and Control architecture development and verification
- This will also involve participation in cross-segment integration.
- Self-motivated problem-solver, capable of taking initiative with minimal instruction. Completely understands and applies job practices, techniques, standards, principles, theories, and concepts
- Possesses general knowledge of other related disciplines.
- Independently determines and develops approaches to solutions.
- Applies knowledge of engineering principles and techniques in order to develop guidance, navigation and control systems for aircraft and spacecraft.
- Gathers, defines and documents system level requirements to support flight control and mission or trajectory requirements.
- Performs and documents design and analysis of Guidance, Navigation and Control (GNC) models and tools.
- Supports development of solutions and disposition of issues to assure customer satisfaction. Participates in new business development efforts.
- Works under general supervision.
- Able to problem solve in a clear and concise manner and have strong communication skills.
- Consistently and proactively works well with team members to solve complex problems and can also lead in a team environment.
This position requires an active SSBI (Single Scope Background Investigation) U.S. Security Clearance for which the U.S. Government requires U.S. Citizenship.
Basic Qualifications (Required Skills and Experience):
- Successfully completed a Single Scope Background Investigation (SSBI) by the federal government within the last 5 years.
- 3 years' experience with aircraft, missile, spacecraft, autonomous platform or similar vehicle Guidance, Navigation or Control systems.
- A Bachelor's, Master's or Doctorate of Science degree from an accredited course of study, in engineering, computer science, mathematics, physics or chemistry.
Preferred Qualifications (Desired Skills and Experience):
- Experience working with astrodynamics.
- Experience working with classical and modern control theory/design/analysis.
- Experience operating in aerospace environments.
- Experience working with aerodynamics.
- Experience working with navigation controls (Kalman filters, GPS/INS, state determination, attitude estimation).
Degree and typical experience in engineering classification: Bachelor's and 5 or more years' experience, Master's degree with 3 or more years' experience or PhD degree with experience. Bachelor, Master or Doctorate of Science degree from an accredited course of study, in engineering, computer science, mathematics, physics or chemistry. ABET is the preferred, although not required, accreditation standard.
This position offers relocation based on candidate eligibility (Basic relocation is available for internal candidates, based on candidate eligibility.)
Drug Free Workplace:
Boeing is a Drug Free Workplace where post offer applicants and employees are subject to testing for marijuana, cocaine, opioids, amphetamines, PCP, and alcohol when criteria is met as outlined in our policies.
Shift Work Statement
This position is for 1st shift
Posting ID: 580712417Posted: 2020-10-19