Job Description - Senior Planner (2000193)
Senior Planner - ( 2000193 )
ABS Group of Companies, Inc., through its operating subsidiaries, provides data-driven risk and reliability solutions to clients worldwide that support operational and business performance and compliance with international standards. Our range of technical services helps clients confirm the safety, integrity, quality and environmental efficiency of critical assets and operations. Headquartered in Houston, Texas, ABS Group operates with more than 1,300 professionals in over 30 countries serving the industrial manufacturing, oil, gas and chemical, marine, offshore and government sectors. ABS Group is a subsidiary of ABS, a leading marine and offshore classification society.
ABS Group is looking for a Senior Planner in New York, NY.
Project: FEMA Region II U.S. Virgin Islands Hurricane Annex to the Regional All-Hazards Plan.
Scope: This project will integrate the Region II CONUS Regional All Hazards Plan (RAHP), Region II Commonwealth of Puerto Rico Hurricane Annex, and Regional Interagency Operations Plan (RIOP)-Response, develop the Recovery All Hazards Plan, and align it with the other nine RAHPs as well as the applicable national planning guidance (e.g. FIOPs). RAHP alignment will be realized in the format and content of both the plan and the execution tools through a phase approach using the six-step planning process, detailed in the FEMA Operational Planning Manual (FOPM).
• Leads a planning team through the FEMA six-step planning process to develop deliberate plans that describe and detail a federal concept of operations to respond to and recover from catastrophic disasters. Responsible for leading all aspects of team support to FEMA planning efforts.
• Serves as the primary point of contact for contractor team-work assignments and reporting
• Ensures deliverables are on schedule, consistent with FEMA doctrine/guidance, and meet Performance Work Statement requirements
• Assists in the preparation and writing of the scenario, fact sheets, Information Analysis Briefs, plan Courses of Action, Course of Action Decision Brief, and the final plan
• Assists with planning, preparation, and facilitation of working group sessions
• Monitors and identifies threats to contract progress and assists FEMA in developing effective remedial action
• Provides updates on project status, deliverables, and project management
• Ten (10) years of emergency management experience and five (5) years of supervisory experience.
• Documented comprehensive understanding of emergency management response and recovery programs and FEMA's role in coordinating the Federal assistance to support state and local partners.
• Demonstrated understanding of the six-step planning process, operational planning within the context of deliberate planning, and emergency management exercise programs and principles.
• A documented work history demonstrating success at increasing levels of responsibility; project complexity in the areas of disaster response and recovery planning, including supervisory and team leadership positions as well as knowledge of team member roles; and familiarity with the management of government contracts.
• A demonstrated ability to effectively coordinate and collaborate with planning partners or other multidisciplinary teams is highly desirable.
• State-level or higher emergency management experience preferred
Minimum Education: Bachelor's Degree.
We are proud to be an EEO/AA employer M/F/D/V. We maintain a drug-free workplace and perform pre-employment substance abuse testing.
Company: ABSG Consulting, Inc.