We are looking for a Bookkeeper/Finance Manager for our global ministry. Responsibilities would include financial data entry and reporting, accounts payable/receivable, reconciliation of all accounts, preparing and presenting weekly finance reports to the executive team, in collaboration with the director of operations maintaining a budget, and other financial tasks.
Our headquarters is in Clarence, NY but we have offices in New York, New Jersey, Los Angeles, and international presence in Frankfurt, Germany; São Paulo, Brazil; and Jerusalem, Israel, and this job would support all of those efforts and initiatives.
To do this role properly you should have a detailed understanding of Quickbooks, the full Microsoft Office suite, and a number of other online programs we utilize for registration, financial tracking, etc. as well as having had experience as a bookkeeper in the past.
This is a full-time position, Monday-Friday 9:00 am – 5:30 pm.
- Daily Financial Data Entry in both Quickbooks and our Database
- Accounts Payable – opening, entering and submitting for approval all bills.
- Accounts Receivable – tracking income and entering deposits into Quickbooks
- Doing bank deposits and reconciling all accounts on a weekly basis.
- Prepare financial statements, reports, memos, invoices letters, and other documents.
- Prepare weekly finance report including an update on all accounts, funds received, bills to be paid.
- Tracking rent and rental income.
- Research data to prepare documents for review and presentation by boards of directors, committees, and executives.
- Maintaining a clear detailed budget.
- Use various software, including word processing, spreadsheets, databases, and presentation software.
- Answering phones and routing calls to the correct person or taking messages.
- Provide general administrative support, completing other tasks as needed.
- Financial/Accounting experience
- Communication Proficiency
- Time Management
- Collaboration Skills
- Personal Effectiveness/Credibility
- Technical Capacity
- Stress Management/Composure
- Proven experience as bookkeeper or finance manager
- In-depth understanding and skill with Quickbooks and the entire Microsoft Office suite.
- Proficiency in using the internet including downloading online reports, credit card processing summaries, etc.
- High school diploma.
- Ability to organize a daily workload by priorities.
- Must be able to meet deadlines in a fast-paced quickly changing environment.
- A proactive approach to problem-solving with strong decision-making skills.
- Professional level verbal and written communications skills.
Posting ID: 563209714Posted: 2020-08-03