Position: IT Service Desk Support
--> Visa sponsorship and/ or Relocation are not available for this position.
Status: Part-Time / Hourly
Hours: 16-20 hours/week
Schedule: To be determined
As a member of a team, install, configure, test, deploy, maintain, troubleshoot, and support hardware and software for the organization's LAN and WAN users in a mixed Windows & Linux environment.
May assist in network modeling, analysis, planning, security, and coordination between network and data communications hardware and software. May perform necessary maintenance to support systems availability.
Essential Functions Statement(s)
Support the senior Service Desk Analyst in these areas
- Maintain and administer computer systems and related computing environments including computer hardware, systems software, application software, hosted software, and all configurations
- Perform data backups and disaster recovery
- Diagnose, troubleshoot, and resolve hardware, software, or other network and system problems, and replace defective components when necessary.
- Configure, monitor, and maintain desktop applications
- Confer with system users about how to solve existing system problems
- Analyze equipment performance records to determine the need for repair or replacement
- User provisioning for network and telecom systems, and internal and external software systems including email.
- Gather data pertaining to customer needs, and use the information to identify, predict, interpret, and evaluate system and network requirements
- Assist in document and implement IT policies and procedures
- Windows installation and configuration – Windows operating system and applications installation and configuration
- Microsoft Active Directory – Support and maintain Microsoft Active Directory
- Linux – Basic proficiency in Linux
- Communication skills – Ability to communicate effectively with customers both verbally and in writing. Must demonstrate competency in writing emails, letters and documents
- Customer Oriented – Ability to take care of the customer's needs while following company procedures
- Detail Oriented – Ability to pay attention to the minute details of a project or task
- Honesty / Integrity – Ability to be truthful and be seen as credible in the workplace
- Problem Solving – Ability to find a solution for or to deal proactively with work-related problems
- Reliability – Dependable and trustworthy
- Self-Motivated – Ability to be internally inspired to perform a task to the best of ones ability using his or her own drive and initiative.
- Technical Aptitude – Ability to comprehend complex technical topics and specialized information
- Working Under Pressure – Ability to complete assigned tasks under stressful situations
Skills & Abilities
Education: 3rd or 4th year student actively pursuing a degree in an IT or related field
Experience: 3 months related experience
Computer Skills: Foundational knowledge in Windows and Linux, VOIP, storage and TCP/IP, Understanding of ITIL practices
Action Target proudly provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws. Come as you are!