About BioLife Plasma Services
Every day at BioLife, we feel good knowing that what we do helps improve the lives of patients with rare diseases. While you focus on our donors, we'll support you. We offer a purpose you can believe in, a team you can count on, opportunities for career growth, and a comprehensive benefits program, all in a fast-paced, friendly environment.
BioLife Plasma Services is a subsidiary of Takeda Pharmaceutical Company Ltd.
This position is responsible for performing job functions in Phlebotomy and may perform Medical History job skills as assigned and trained to complete.
All below listed responsibilities must be completed in compliance with federal, state, local and company-specific regulations related to quality of product, employee and donor safety, and to the proper performance of day-to-day activities. Employees must also maintain complete and accurate records, in accordance with cGMP.
Committed to meet customer service expectations (10%)
- Greet donors as they enter and exit the donor floor.
- Answer phones within reasonable timeframe.
- Maintain orderly filing system, purging records as needed.
- Perform all required duties in the area of Phlebotomy (including, but not limited to): (70%)
- Perform venipuncture of donors and programming of plasmapheresis machine.
- Monitor donors during donation process and manage donor reactions.
- Perform all duties required for the setup, verification, operation, and trouble-shooting of plasmapheresis equipment per SOP, within scope of training.
- Install, prime, and disconnect disposable sets on the plasmapheresis machines
- Stock supplies break down empty cartons and assist with proper disposal.
- May perform all required duties in the area of Medical History (including, but not limited to): (20%)
- Take and record donor pulse, blood pressure, and temperature measures and monitor electronic donor questionnaire system.
- Perform finger stick, test sample, and record other donor measures to include hematocrit, total protein and weight.
- Enter donor information into the Donor Information System (DIS).
- Coordinate donors to donor floor and compensate donors using the Debit Card system.
Job Description / Role Profile
DIMENSIONS AND ASPECTS
Technical/Functional (Line) Expertise
- Supports the center management team in identifying operational opportunities for continuous improvement, initiating changes to center processes as needed, through use of company approved procedures (including but not limited to 5S, Value Stream Mapping and Kaizen).
- Maintain general cleanliness of work area and assist other work areas as needed to ensure a clean and professional environment.
- Ability to read and follow Standard OperatingProcedures(SOPs) and to maintaincompleteand accurate rec- ords.
- Ability to multi-task and work as a team player.
- Putting the patient at the center
- Building trust with society
- Reinforcing our reputation
- Developing the business
Decision-making and Autonomy
- Refers to Center Manager for guidance on complex, medium-impact or above decisions (internal)
- Refers to management team for escalated donor/employee concerns (internal)
- Responsible for providing exceptional customer service to donors (external) and fellow employees (internal)
- Attend staff meetings and other team meetings as required.
- Good verbal communication and customer service skills.
- Coordinates will all other center roles to effectively problem solve, ensure safety of staff and donors, and provide an exceptional customer experience.
- Production environment requiring the ability to walk and stand for the entire work shift.
- Requires frequent leaning, bending, stooping, crouching, and reaching above the shoulders and below the knee.
- Requires frequent lifting up to 26 lbs. and occasional lifting of materials 32 lbs. - 50 lbs.
- Must have fine motor coordination, depth perception, and ability to hear equipment sounds from a distance.
- Due to potential exposure to blood borne pathogens (risk level 1), 90% of work tasks require pro-longed glove wear
EDUCATION, BEHAVIOURAL COMPETENCIES AND SKILLS:
Essential: High School Diploma or equivalent required
Desired: Experience in a laboratory, hospital, or other regulated environment is a plus
- FLSA Classification (US) - Non-Exempt
- Other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
USA - MN - Saint Paul