- Supervises, directs and coordinates personnel activities concerned with production. This would involve but not be limited to knowledge of product technology, production methods and procedures, standards, and machine and equipment capabilities.
- Responsible for developing and implementing the plant's annual budget as well as carrying out the annual strategic plans of the facility
- Interacts with plant management to establish production and quality standards.
- Plans and directs production activities and priorities for products in keeping with effective operations and cost factors.
- Coordinates production activities along with procurement, maintenance, production planning, safety and quality control activities to obtain optimal use of employee and equipment resources.
- Reviews and analyzes production to determine causes on non-conformity with production specifications and operating or production problems.
- Through collaboration and effective communication with all appropriate parties, develops and implements methods and procedures to eliminate operation problems and improve product quality.
- Communicates and coordinates with engineering to modify machines and equipment in order to improve production and quality of products.
- Revises production schedule as necessary.
- Effectively communicates any changes in schedules, production or procedures to all shifts and employees.
- Manages performance and development of all of their direct reports.
- Proven understanding of and experience in a manufacturing environment (metal packaging background would be ideal).
- At least 12 years of progressive job responsibilities working in a manufacturing setting.
- At least 5 years in a managerial role, specifically at a plant manager or plant superintendent level.
- Bachelors level degree in the general fields of engineering or business (a masters degree would be a bonus).
- Strong problem solving skills and the ability to effectively solve problems both on an individual and collaborative approach.
- Must believe in the team approach to solving problems and must have proven success in leading teams to resolve specific problems.
- Working knowledge of SPC, Six Sigma, 5S, SMED and Lean Manufacturing.
- Knowledge of PC's and software programs Word, Excel, Access, and PowerPoint.
- Working knowledge of accounting and financial aspects of manufacturing.
- Some understanding of HR/IR laws, rules and regulations.
- Ability to create employee training and development plans and willingness to act in the role of a mentor.
- Effective communicator in both written and verbal correspondence as well as an effective presenter.
- Career goals should be manufacturing area manager and beyond.
- Proven ability to prioritize and effectively manage their day.
- Strong understanding of machinery and equipment but with the ability to know when to assume the responsibility and when to delegate.
- Proven commitment to quality and safety.
- Desire and ability to travel and relocate if career opportunities arise.
10 - 20%
Crown is an equal opportunity employer. Crown does not discriminate against any candidate or employee on the basis of race, national origin, sex, marital status, sexual orientation, age, disability, religion, veteran status, or any other status protected by law.
Posting ID: 583254805Posted: 2020-12-16