Neuroscience Group has a Full Time position available for team-oriented Registered or Certified Medical Assistant. This position will typically work Monday -Friday 8 hours per day. Some overtime may be required. As an integral member of the Clinical Services Team, the Clinical Assistant performs designated office functions that contribute to patient care management.
For almost thirty years, Neuroscience Group has provided excellent neurologic care for the Fox Valley and Northeast Wisconsin. Ours is the only medical facility in the area that combines neurosurgery, neurology, orthopedic spine surgery, interventional and non-interventional pain management and physical therapy. Our practice has grown to over 40 providers and serves patients in nine outlying clinics scattered throughout the region. Our mission is to improve lives by providing the very best in brain, spine and pain care and we do that by living our company core values: compassionate care, teamwork, fiscal responsibility, continuous learning, leadership and community involvement.
- Understands and maintains confidentiality standards in compliance with State and Federal regulations, including HIPAA.
- Adheres to strict customer confidentiality standards, recognizing that even acknowledgment of privileged information is prohibited.
- Responsible for chart preparation one week prior to patient appointment, i.e., preps chart according to standard of work, requesting all imaging studies, clinic notes, diagnostic testing, and all other pertinent medical information needed in preparation for the patient appointment.
- Greets patients and escorts them to the exam room and prepares them for evaluation by obtaining a set of vitals, medication information, and medical history if appropriate.
- Notifies physician/non-physician provider when patient is ready for evaluation and is accessible to offer assistance during the encounter if necessary.
- Enters orders for any testing and imaging ordered by the provider
- Accountable for maintaining a clean, well-stocked clinical setting.
- Responsible for cleaning and maintaining instruments and equipment in compliance with infection control and OSHA standards.
- Responsible for answering phone calls and returning calls to patients.
- Responsible for scheduling and rescheduling patient appointments.
- Prepares and administers medications as directed by the physician (intramuscular injections)
- Communicates and explains normal test results to patients over the phone, after the ordering provider has reviewed.
- Responsible for accurate, timely processing of forms, i.e., disability, insurance, DMV, and worker's compensation as delegated by the physician/mid-level provider.
- Responsible for tracking and returning requested imaging studies.
- Responsible for ordering and maintaining medical supplies and patient education inventory
- Regularly attends all team and staff meetings
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Successful completion from an accredited medical assistant program, with certification or registry, or licensed LPN.
- Basic computer knowledge and keyboarding skills
- One year's experience in an outpatient setting preferable
- Prior experience with EPIC preferred.
At Neuroscience Group we offer a very competitive salary. In addition to great pay we also offer the following benefits:
- Health Insurance
- Health Savings Accounts with a generous employer contribution
- Dental Insurance
- Vision Insurance
- Company paid Long Term Disability and Life Insurance
- Generous PTO and Sick Banks
- 401(k) with guaranteed employer contribution, Profit Sharing, and a Cash Balance Pension Plan
- On-site massage therapy and walking trails
- Employee Assistance Program
- Annual voluntary health risk assessments (company paid)
- Timber Rattler tickets
- Holiday party, summer picnic, and annual recognition for years of service
- Annual Employee Appreciation Day
Please note some of the intangible employee benefits have been impacted by COVID-19.
Posting ID: 598904084Posted: 2021-01-23