To assist customers in their shopping experience by leading all aspects of the bakery team in a way that not only promotes growth for the company, but also results in a team that delivers the top notch product and service Cosentino customers have come to expect.Reporting Structure
: This position formally reports to the Bakery Manager.Status:
This is a non-exempt position. KnowledgeThe following is a list of any certifications, formal education, or training requirements for this position.Essential Knowledge
- A food handling permit must be obtained within the first 14 days of employment.
- Minimum of (6) months previous experience in a deli, bakery, restaurant or food service operations position is required.
- Completion of ongoing training and development as listed on the Cosentino Learning Plan.
SkillsThe following is a list of the basic skill requirements for this position. Essential Job Functions
- A high school diploma or equivalent is preferred.
- In the absence of the Bakery Manager, step in to act as the manager-in-charge of the bakery.
- Support the Bakery Manager in providing effective coaching, corrective actions, and performance evaluations to improve individual and team performance.
- Promote a positive overall team atmosphere that includes cooperation and teamwork, high morale, positive interpersonal interactions and communications, and recognition for a job well done.
- In conjunction with the Bakery Manager, provide direct supervision of the activities of all other members of the bakery team in a manner that is operationally effective, but is also motivating and respectful.
- Know and promote ads and specials to increase department sales and profits.
- Meet or exceed productivity standards to produce desired team and individual results.
- Know and implement theCosentino Customer Service Standards.
- Be knowledgeable about the items in the department so you can accurately and courteously answer customer questions.
- Practice effective inventory management by counting and verifying merchandise against invoices, inspecting deliveries against for shortages, damages and quality, and utilizing cost effective ordering practices.
- Know and practice rotation procedures to ensure product dates are properly monitored.
- Ensure the department is always clean, fully stocked and creatively merchandised.
- Know, comply with, and ensure the team complies with all health regulations, sanitation guidelines and safety procedures for your department and your store.
- Able to operate, clean and maintain all equipment safely and competently.
- Demonstrates the strong verbal and interpersonal skills necessary for positive customer and peer interactions.
Non-Essential Job Functions
- Demonstrates the basic math and reading skills required for the position.
- Assist the Bakery Manager in conducting effective interviews to hire the highest quality candidates for the bakery team.
- Assist the Bakery Manager in creating a schedule that effectively manages labor costs in a way that successfully balances the customer's need for service with the company's need to closely monitor expenditures.
- Address employee relations issues and, if needed, effectively work with the Human Resource team to resolve issues.
- Practice open communication with store management team regarding any issues in the department.
- Promote department sales by suggesting additional products, offering samples to customers, and creating visually appealing display cases and tables.
- Resolve customer complaints in a professional manner and recognize when it is appropriate to involve a member of the store management team.
- Efficiently and accurately prepare, package and label products for sale to customers.
- Quickly unload incoming shipments and neatly stock them in their designated areas without damaging merchandise.
Physical AbilitiesThe following physical movements could potentially be part of any scheduled shift and employees will be expected to perform these actions while on duty.Essential Abilities
- Support your company by completing additional tasks identified by management, assisting other stores or departments as needed and gaining new skills when necessary.
- Reaching overhead with both arms up to a maximum of 84 inches, twisting at the waist and lifting objects with both hands weighing up to 30 lbs.
- Pushing and pulling grocery items to the proper locations as needed, up to a peak force of 40 lbs.
- Standing and walking for long periods of time on tile, asphalt, concrete or other hard surfaces.
- Occasionally lifting and carrying up to 60 lbs.
- Bending and squatting, at times all the way to floor level.
- Able to work in colder conditions of the grocery coolers and freezers.
Core CompetenciesThe following is a list of overall competencies identified for this role. This profile is based on the necessary knowledge, skills and abilities for the position.Visionary Leadership
- Climbing a ladder, possibly up to 15ft.
- Conveyspassionand enthusiasm in the leadership role and is a catalyst for action, change, and innovation for others in the workplace.
- Is clear and consistent when communicating the organization's mission, vision and values so that every individual understands his/her role in the bigger picture.
- Inspires and motivates others to achieve the milestones that will lead to both individual success and company growth.
- Able to look beyond daily operations and identify higher level issues and possibilities for the future state of the organization.
- Effectively communicates the importance of the organizational vision to build a sense of commitment, loyalty, and direction for others.
Managing the Workplace Environment
- Consistent focus on bottom lineresultsand operational excellence in all day-to-day activities, processes, and procedures.
- Can be counted on to deliverresultsthat are of the highest operationalintegrityand consistently meets or exceeds operational standards.
- Is knowledgeable of and capable of utilizing all available tools, technology and other resources to achieve the desired result in the most cost effective and time efficient manner.
- Demonstrates an understanding of business management concepts, but also has the skills and follow through to successfully strategize and implement the plans developed from these concepts.
- Able to anticipate potential threats to the business strategy and demonstrates an agile problem solving capability in order to maneuver around those challenges.
Quality Decision Making & Sound Judgment
- Promotes a workplace environment that encourages respect, professionalism, open communication and is free from discriminatory and/or harassing behavior.
- Encourages appropriate workplace relationships that facilitate high morale, cohesive teams, and a motivating workplace environment.
- Demonstrates unwaveringintegrity,trustworthiness, and ethical behavior in dealings with others.
- Asks everyone to take ownership for their work, to be accountable for the outcome of their efforts, and to take pride in their contributions in the workplace.
- Ensures credit is given to team members and encourages public recognition of a job well done through both formal and informal recognition programs.
- Injects energy, a sense of urgency, and a strongservicementality into the workplace environment.
- Demonstrates effective conflict resolution techniques and supports others in utilizing these strategies as needed to maintain a productive working environment.
- Shows no tolerance for gossip, undermining, or other sabotaging behavior that can deteriorate productivity and morale.
Maximize Team and Individual Performance
- Makes quality decisions in a timely manner.
- Exercises sound judgment and independent thinking in order to make decisions, even when under pressure or when dealing with ambiguous situations.
- Quickly considers all pertinent aspects of a situation when making a decision while still avoiding "paralysis by analysis".
- Can anticipate pros and cons of a decision and foresee possible consequences of a decision, choice, or action.
- Able to make decisions based on both short-term and long-term outcomes.
- Recognizes when it is appropriate to seek input from outside sources (i.e. HR or a higher level manager).
- Committed to growing the skills, knowledge and experience of all team members through various forms of ongoing training and development.
- Able to break down corporate directives to the store, department, and individual level in order to set clear short-and long-term performance goals.
- Committed to the long-term success of the company through active succession planning, including identification, growth and retention of top talent.
- Provides effective coaching and feedback that promotes both individual and team development.
- Engages in performance management through timely delivery of performance evaluations.
- Is active in the recruiting, interviewing, and coaching processes in order to hire and retain top caliber employees.
- Acts as a motivator in order to inspire others to achieve top performance and exceed expectations.
Posting ID: 564639328Posted: 2020-07-28