The Senior Accountant is responsible for month end journal entries, related balance reconciliations, preparing reports which summarize the business activity and financial position in areas of income, expenses, and earnings based on past, present, and expected operations. This position is expected to also identify opportunities and solutions for continuous improvement, and to be familiar with ERP applications.
Additional Responsibilities of the Senior Accountant:
- Perform monthly close procedures, including the preparation of journal entries and monthly balance sheet.
- Extracting general ledger information and reconciles general ledger accounts with various registers.
- Reconciling issues and determine a proper course of correction or developed a new process to ensure the accuracy of financial statements or strengthen controls.
- Preparing daily cash availability reports and monthly bank reconciliations.
- Prepare and upload monthly actuals and corporate roll, forward schedules in TriMas SAP BPC consolidation tool.
- Assist in monthly forecasting and upload of forecasting trial balance to Corporate.
- Assisting the controller with the documentation of internal controls and procedures. Identify the opportunity for process improvement and effective/efficient solutions.
- Assist with monthly and quarterly Sarbanes-Oxley controls.
- Effectively work with a functional partner to identify process improvement/efficiency opportunities.
- Drive operations process changes & discipline independently. Drive and implement process efficiency independently.
- Assist in creating, analyzing and communicating standard cost manufacturing variance reports related to internal partners. Help to educate internal team on meaning and improvements where possible.
- Assist with management of Fixed Assets, including creating, disposing and transferring in the online system.
- Provide fixed asset reporting to management in a timely manner.
- Lead/Assist annual physical inventory.
- Assisting employees, vendors, clients, or customers by answering questions related to accounts, procedures, and services.
- Assisting with preparing Federal and State tax filings, including Sales and Use Tax.
- Prepare miscellaneous corporate and government survey’s as necessary. Identified and solve ERP system utilization or utilization with the business partners.
- Perform miscellaneous day to day activities that support the finance team and plant management.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business or Accounting.
- 3+ years of standard cost accounting experience and 2-3 years Financial Reporting experience is a MUST. Must have extensive knowledge of Accounting Debit/Credit of business transactions with ERP.
- Have experience in revenue cycle, manufacturing cycle, and financial reporting.
- Experience with accounting and standard costs in a manufacturing environment is a MUST.
- Knowledge of ERP system and advance excel data analytics ability.
- Ability to utilize advance Excel or data warehouse tool to effective/efficiently manage the complex process.
- Exhibit leadership at the individual contributor level or managerial level.
- Exhibit ability to multitasks.
- Ability to work and communicate effectively with Business Partners. Drive influence and changes.
- Knowledge of Syteline ERP or equivalent ERP system. BPC consolidation reporting tool, Blackline. Sage Fixed Asset System (FAS)
TriMas is a diversified manufacturer of engineered products that serve a variety of industrial, commercial and consumer end
markets worldwide. Our family of businesses provide customers with innovative product solutions under well-recognized brands
and have leadership positions in the niche markets they serve.
Posting ID: 563292646Posted: 2020-09-22