To efficiently deliver product to customers in a courteous, professional, compliant, safe and timely manner.
Position Responsibilities may include, but not limited to:
- Abide by Company attendance policies.
- Safe and professional operation of a commercial motor vehicle, including but not limited to: Combination vehicles, straight trucks, or other vehicles such as pick-up trucks and service vans with a GVWR or GCWR over 10,001 lbs.
- Complete pre-trip, in-route, and post-trip inspections of equipment.
- Ability to operate vehicles in congested areas with limited space and potential obstacles.
- Comply with all applicable Department of Transportation regulations including but not limited: Controlled Substances, Commercial Driver Licensing, Driver Qualification, CMV Operation, Hours of Service; CSA inspections and compliance, Vehicle Inspection and Maintenance, etc.
- Maintain an acceptable driving record in compliance with Department of Transportation Regulations and Reyes Fleet Safety Policy.
- Utilize an on board computer to track hours of service.
- Provide exceptional customer service.
- Safely and accurately unload and deliver multi-temperature product to customers utilizing a variety of preferred methods including lift gates, carts, conveyers, hand trucks, and/or pallet jacks.
- Utilize barcode scanners at the point of delivery as required to verify delivered product.
- Pick up returned product as required.
- Accurately complete delivery and pick up paperwork.
- Maintain contact with Dispatch to receive delivery or pick up instructions or changes in scheduled deliveries or pick-ups.
- Maintain route plan as provided by Dispatch.
- Communicate to Dispatch any barriers to maintaining the route plan so any changes can be communicated to the customer.
- Maintain knowledge and comprehension of all applicable Department of Transportation regulations and Company policies through Company training and certifications.
- Observe all local, state and federal laws and ordinances.
- Abide by all Reyes Holdings Company policies and procedures.
- Perform all other duties as assigned.
Required Skills and Experience:
- Must be at least 21 years of age or meet the minimum state legal age requirements.
- Valid Class A commercial driver's license (CDL) and acceptable driving record within MVR policy guidelines.
- At least one year driving experience with a Class A-CDL or equivalent military driving experience.
- A minimum of one year of safe driving experience with some of the experience within the past 12 months in a CMV similar in type to the one they will be operating for the Company.
- Must have one (1) year of work experience in an environment; such as, distribution center, roofer, farmhand, grocery dock, construction or other positions which require continuous heavy lifting.
- Knowledge of DOT regulations.
- This position must pass a post offer drug test, background check and DOT Physical.
Preferred Skills and Experience:
- High school diploma or General Education Degree (GED).
- Beverage industry experience.
- Prior customer service experience including solving issues/problems
- Experience working with manual or powered pallet jacks.
Physical Demands and Work Environment:
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. Due to the nature of our business in regard to such things as delivery schedules, order inputs, selection, and Department of Transportation Hours of Service, overtime, attendance and punctuality are essential job functions. Should an individual in this classification not be able to adhere to this requirement due to a disability, they should contact their Human Resources department to see what, if any, reasonable accommodation may be made.
As an Equal Opportunity Employer, Reyes Holdings companies will recruit and select applicants for employment solely on the basis of their qualifications. Our Practices and Procedures, including those relating to wages, benefits, transfers, promotions, terminations and self-development opportunities, will be administered without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation and gender identity, age, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status and all other classes protected by the Federal and State Government. Drug Free Employer.
Posting ID: 588420079Posted: 2020-12-03