Signature Health Inc. is a non-profit healthcare agency whose mission is to put good health within reach of all of our community members through comprehensive mental health, medical, and support services essential for optimizing the well-being of mind and body. Serving patients in Lake, Ashtabula and Cuyahoga counties, we are committed to increasing access to a continuum of care while integrating behavioral and physical health well-being. If you are passionate about making a difference then we want to talk to you. We offer employees a dynamic, collaborative work environment along with a comprehensive range of benefit selections to support your total wellness, including several 100% employer paid benefits.
Reporting to the Medical Director of Psychiatry, and ultimately the Chief Medical Officer, the Associate Medical Director of Psychiatry provides medical and clinical leadership to ensure the highest standards of psychiatric and behavioral health care are provided to patients of the facility. The Associate Medical Director of Psychiatry directly supervises psychiatric and addiction medicine treatment providers, and provides clinical oversight and consultation to the facility's clinical teams.The Associate Medical Director of Psychiatry works collaboratively with other clinical leaders to implement new procedures, protocols, and best practices, as well as facilitate cross-discipline team approach to medical care.Additionally, the Associate Medical Director of Psychiatry assures that the facility is in compliance with all federal, state and local laws related to the practice of psychiatry and addiction medicine.
· Serves as the location's psychiatric clinical lead, responding to clinical and administrative concerns from providers, patients, and staff.
· Provides clinical and administrative supervision to providers reporting to the Associate Medical Director of Psychiatry, including but not limited to psychiatric and addiction medicine physicians, advance practice registered nurses, and physician assistants providing care at the facility.
· Works with other clinical leaders to ensure effective collaboration and communication across disciplines to facilitate organizational advancement and growth, as well as ensure well integrated team-based care in a patient-centered medical home model.
· In consultation with designated leadership, consults and assists with the implementation of the organization's Quality Assurance/Quality Improvement Plan.
· Conducts regular provider meetings at the facility, focused on achieving excellent quality and departmental communication.
· Attends administrative meetings as needed, including but not limited to medical leadership, quality improvement, peer review, site leadership, and electronic medical record development.
· Provides clinical review, consultation, and recommendations for the development of new clinical protocols, best practices, programs, and electronic medical record enhancements.
· In consultation with Central Scheduling and the Medical Director of Psychiatry, assists with coordination of department staffing and scheduling, ensuring optimal patient access to care.Additionally responsible for management of time-off requests, schedule change requests, and provider call-offs.
· In consultation with Human Resources and the Medical Director of Psychiatry, assists with provider interviewing, hiring, on-boarding, training, performance evaluations, corrective action plans, and terminations.
· Provides clinical direction and oversight for the management of provider departures, including coordination of continuing care for patients.
· Serves as a collaborating provider for advance practice registered nurses, supervising physician for physician assistants, and supervisor for students and residents as requested.
· In consultation with the Coordinator of Learning and Development, assists with ensuring positive training experiences for Health Professional Students completing rotations at the facility.
· Ensures facility compliance with policies and regulatory requirements, including but not limited to timely and accurate completion of provider documentation, sample medication handling, and other requirements set forth by CARF, HRSA, FTCA, OMHAS, and the State Medical Board of Ohio.
· Performs other duties assigned by the Agency from time to time that are commensurate with professional services normally and customarily performed by a physician/clinician leader.
· Provides ongoing consultation and management for assigned patients as requested or as necessary in accordance with accepted standards of psychiatric practice.
· Provides psychiatric services on the days and at the times established and scheduled by Signature Health. Our expectation is that the Psychiatrist's schedule will be maximized during his/her clinical schedule in order to best serve all our clients in need.
· Utilizes the electronic medical records system to timely and accurately fulfill all administrative responsibilities attendant to his/her performance of direct patient care, including but not limited to, entry and completion of progress notes detailing all patient encounters, services provided and treatment plans recommended; electronic order entry of medications and diagnostic tests; and other required documentation in accordance with the policies and procedures of Signature Health and/or other relevant accrediting or regulatory bodies. Psychiatrist must ensure compliance with Signature Health's note completion policy.
· Prepares and attends to all reports, claims, and correspondence (including email) necessary or appropriate to the performance of the professional services.Email is a regular form of communication within Signature Health and therefore prompt response, generally a response within 24 hours (or sooner as medically/business appropriate) is required.
· Refers patients to other services within the agency, other physicians, including specialists and other health care providers, when and if needed.
· Maintains competence in his/her area of specialty by attending professional conventions or seminars as well as participating in educational activities offered by professional societies on a reasonable basis.
· Provides coverage when other physician employees/contractors are unavailable due to vacations, holidays, illness, other personal or professional absences, or as required by Signature Health.
· Psychiatrist will be available to take calls as assigned by the Agency.
· Timely reports incidents, including major unusual incidents, and other information required to appropriate governmental authorities and as required for Agency reporting.
· Participates in Agency required quality assurance, peer review, compliance, and credentialing/privileging activities.
· In exercising his/her clinical duties, Psychiatrist will follow all policies and procedures of the Agency, ensuring compliance with all state and federal laws, regulations and security requirements.
· Promotes the professional practice of the Agency.
· Decision Making Authority: In providing physician services, Psychiatrist will exercise independent medical judgment consistent with approved methods and practices in his/her specialty and in the best interest of the patients.All other activities are to be conducted with the consultation and assistance of the Medical Director of Psychiatry.At all appropriate times, treatment activities should be performed as a team function.
Doctor of Osteopathic Med
Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities
The contractor will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor's legal duty to furnish information. 41 CFR 60-1.35(c)