- Restocks merchandise from back stock based on available space, merchandise on hand, customer demand or advertised specials.
- Receives, opens, and unpacks cartons or crates of product, checking invoice against items received and indicating any discrepancies to supervisor or the Store Inventory Coordinator.
- Maintains inventory and displays within assigned area to merchandising standards by stocking, facing, straightening, and cleaning or any other task necessary to maintain appearance and salability of items.
- Stamps, attaches, or changes price tags on merchandise, or updates bin-labels or signage according to system parameters.
- Stocks storage areas and displays with new or transferred merchandise
- Sets up signs and displays merchandise on shelves, counters, or tables to attract customers and promote sales.
- Assists customers with product questions and purchases.
- Maintains neat, clean work area, keeps aisles and walkways clear and removes cartons and debris from work area.
- Provides information to customers and co-workers about product usage, availability and application.
- Answers store telephone to answer customer questions about product availability and quote prices.
- Transports merchandise to specified areas for customer pickup or delivery.
- Follows Standard Operating Procedures while carrying out the responsibilities of position.
- Attends all store meetings and training sessions as required.
- Less than high school education; or up to one month related experience or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Ability to read and comprehend simple instructions, short correspondence, and memos. Ability to write simple correspondence. Ability to effectively present information in one-on-one and small group situations to customers, clients, and other employees of the organization.
- Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals.
- Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form. Ability to deal with problems involving several concrete variables in standardized situations.
Posting ID: 567655224Posted: 2020-08-11