Fathom Computing is developing high-performance machine learning computers built to run both training and inference workflows for large-scale neural networks. As ML computing is largely limited by data transfer, Fathom's approach combines the power of CMOS electronics with advantages of optical data movement for performance far beyond what electronics-only computers are capable of.
We're seeking an experienced Mixed-Signal IC design engineer with a strong first principles approach to IC design and an interest in neural networks and ML hardware. You will collaborate closely with colleagues from other disciplines (e.g. optics, materials science, digital IC design) to design and implement novel optoelectronic communication hardware.
Areas of Contribution
- Drive the design and implementation of the analog electronic aspects of a novel, complex, high-performance, deeply-integrated computing system
- Contribute to the development and stewardship of all aspects of the system such as power budgets, thermal solutions, chip-level, and system-level architecture
- Develop circuit-level solutions to optoelectronic communications challenges
- MS/PhD in Electrical Engineering with a focus on Analog/RF/Mixed-Signal integrated circuit design
- Broad range of IC design experience including and beyond block-level design of analog components
- Understanding of the digital design flow and exposure to RTL design and synthesis
- Proficiency with industry-standard EDA tools for IC design with a strong understanding of their underlying operation
- Hands-on experience in prototype bring-up, debugging, and functional verification
- Ability to perform comprehensive electronic system characterization
- Strong project management, planning, and organizational skills
- Excellent communication skills and ability to collaborate on complex cross-disciplinary systems
- Drive to build something that hasn't been built before
You'll do well here if...
- You enjoy thoughtful discussions fueled by problem-solving and logic
- You're comfortable both leading and contributing individually
- You're excited about the future of ML hardware
- You enjoy teaching and learning from an interdisciplinary team
We highly encourage submission of a cover letter, just tell us why you're here :)
Posting ID: 566863186Posted: 2020-08-07