We're ready for you to join our team! The safety of our team and guests during the Covid-19 pandemic is top priority!
We are complying with CDC recommended guidelines including enhanced cleaning and sanitizing, social distancing protocols and gloves/masks for our team members to keep everyone safe.
Our extensive menu includes BJ's signature deep dish pizza, salads, steaks, ribs, generous pasta dishes, and our famous Pizookie dessert. And of course, everything tastes better with BJ's own handcrafted beer!NOW HIRING - Line Cooks
BJ's team members enjoy:
- Family Culture
- Great Pay and Benefits
- Team Member Dining Discounts
- Training across different areas/stations
- Long lasting career options
Line Cooks are responsible for providing our Guests a Gold Standard dining experience by producing delicious, high quality food through recipe execution and gold standard plating that highlights the exceptional quality of our food. Duties include but not limited to:
- Set up cook station and prepare all food items in a timely manner according to BJ's guidelines and health and sanitation standards.
- Follow recipes, portion controls, and presentation specifications as set by BJ's Gold Standard.
- Restock, clean, maintain and restock cook station items as needed throughout the shift, while practicing exceptional safety, sanitation and organizational skills.
- Assist with the cleaning, sanitation, and organization of the kitchen, walk-in coolers and all storage areas, adhering to proper food storage procedures.
- Keep track of and report all food that is wasted.
- Review work procedures and operational problems in order to determine ways to improve service, performance and safety.
- Ensure compliance with all Company policies and laws, including health and safety standards.
- Perform additional duties and responsibilities as assigned by Management staff.
- Must be 18 years of age or over
- A minimum of 2 years full service, high volume, casual dining restaurant experience
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment
- Good verbal and written communication skills
- Experience working in a team orientated environment
- Must have some knowledge of knife skills
- Knowledge of principles for dealing directly with the public
- Excellent organization and problem-solving skills
- Understanding of restaurant KDS system
- Food handler permit required
- Physical demands of the job include but are not limited to:
- Standing and walking during entire 8-hour shift
- Reaches, bends, stoops, lifts, shakes, stirs, pours and carries supplies
- Must be able to lift up to 50 pounds in weight on a semi regular basis
This job description is not designed to cover all duties or responsibilities that are required for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice. Click APPLY to complete the application and view a full job description.We are an e-verify and equal opportunity employer.
Posting ID: 590639729Posted: 2020-12-02