The cook is responsible for preparing and/or directing the preparation of food to be served,
complying with all applicable sanitation, health and personal hygiene standards and following
established food production programs and procedures. The cook is responsible for appropriate
use of facility supplies and equipment to minimize loss, waste and fraud.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the
Cooks will be expected to perform a variety of duties, including but not limited to those listed
Production. Preparing portions and food items while:
This position has no supervisory responsibilities.
This job operates in a kitchen environment, housed with equipment such as an oven, stove,
dishwasher, slicer, steamer, mixer and chef's knives. The employee is frequently exposed to
heat, steam, and fire. The noise level in the work environment can be loud. The employee may
be exposed to hazards including, but are not limited to, cuts, slipping, tripping, falls and burns.
Frequent hand washing is required.
Position Type/Expected Hours of Work
This position regularly requires long working hours and frequent weekend and evenings work.
No travel is expected for this position.
Competencies and Skills
1. Collaboration Skills.
2. Customer/Client Focus.
4. Stress Management/Composure
5. Multi-task oriented.
6. Organizational Skills
7. Basic mathematical, reading and writing skills.
8. Excellent communication skills (including asking for clarification on tasks, policies and
9. Knowledge of workplace safety procedures
10. Must have good command of the English language, both oral and written.
11. Must be attentive.
12. Must report to work when scheduled and on time with a positive attitude.
13. Ability to work varied hours/days as business dictates.
14. Must complete ServSafe Food Handler training.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an
employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
The employee is occasionally required to sit, stand, reach, lift, bend, kneel, stoop, climb, push
and pull items weighing 50 pounds or less. The position requires manual dexterity; auditory and
visual skills; and the ability to follow written and oral instructions and procedures.