Along with their cashier duties, the bookkeeper is able to perform all phases of the store's frontend accounting operations, to ensure all accounting operations are performed to company standards in an accurate and efficient manner.Some Job Responsibilities include:
- Making effective and objective decisions regarding bookkeeping, purchase and use of office supplies and equipment and other situations where multiple issues must be considered and weighed to maximize the performance, productivity, profitability and results of the store and the store team;
- Answering telephones courteously and either route calls to appropriate department or taking written messages in accordance with established policies and procedures.
- Responsible for accuracy of store's bookkeeping functions including but not necessarily limited to: maintaining the current store bookkeeping report, daily banking procedures including ordering cash and change, checking in of bank/armor car cash orders, maintaining and reconciling store's safe balance, daily monitoring of all sales receipts including preparation and verification of bank deposits, change orders, less cash amounts and cash variation reports in accordance with policy.
- Daily monitoring of all NSF checks and bad debts with appropriate postings and notifications.
- Assisting in auditing work and assisting/responding to company accountants.
- Maintaining a positive and friendly attitude towards customers and fellow team members.
- Engaging with customers through smiles and greetings, offering product information, providing selling suggestions and always giving a genuine thank you.
- Focusing on providing fast and friendly customer service.
- Processing cash register transactions, inputting product costs, giving back change, processing checks, EBTs, WIC checks, refunds, product coupons and gift certificates.
- Keeps clean, neat, and orderly office, customer service counter, and check stand.
Performs other duties as needed or assigned by management. Must be at least18 yearsold. All candidates are subject to background screening.
Nothing in this job description restricts management's right to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time;
This description reflects management's assignment of essential functions; it does not proscribe or restrict the tasks that may be assigned;
This job description is subject to change at any time
Employer provides reasonable accommodations to a qualified employee that does not impose an undue hardship on the employer. Ability to:
- Keep confidential personnel, store and company information confidential.
- With both customers and team members, remain helpful, tactful and courteous at all times.
- Work quickly and efficiently, sometimes with little direction, to accomplish assigned duties.
- Add, subtract, divide, multiply and perform other basic business math calculations.
- Use a 10-key adding machine.
- Learn to use check stand register, scales, scanners and debit/credit terminals.
- Learn to use UPC codes, store signage, and pertinent company policies and learn and memorize produce codes, plu and rdm codes, product department assignments and locations.
- Read UPC codes, produce labels, checks, shelf signage, register forms, and posted company policies/procedures.
- Be dexterous enough with hands and fingers so as to be able to hang shelf tags and signs and use necessary equipment.
- Openly and professionally communicate through body language, facial expressions and speech.
- Listen to and understand verbal and non-verbal communication of customers and fellow members.
- Sit and stand for long periods of time, to bend and twist, and frequently lift and/or maneuver merchandise and supplies.
- Lift up to 30 lbs and maneuver 50 lbs,
Posting ID: 582807782Posted: 2020-10-28